Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 10:55 AM

254 posts, read 590,682 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I wanted to know if there is anybody who lives or lived in the communities near Brookside (Brookleigh, Winding Brook, etc), close by the Brookfield Elementary School and if they lived there comfortably. What do you think about these neighborhoods are they safe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 10:59 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Lived there from 1977 to 2005, on Briarton Drive. Nice area, no problems. If the house was built by the a builder named "Carey" then it's a sound home, plain, but sound. Beware of Greenbriar, many of the homes have aluminum wiring and it's a real problem.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:37 AM

232 posts, read 347,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky View Post
Hi,

I wanted to know if there is anybody who lives or lived in the communities near Brookside (Brookleigh, Winding Brook, etc), close by the Brookfield Elementary School and if they lived there comfortably. What do you think about these neighborhoods are they safe?

I currently live in Winding Brook, if you have any questions about that area feel free to DM me.

Winding Brook is very safe and I know of at least one police officer who resides in the community.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:07 PM

12 posts, read 30,335 times
I've lived in Winding Brook for 7 years and we have really enjoyed it. The neighborhood is perfectly safe.My neighbors have been fantastic- most are homeowners on my block. It is a nice community and VERY affordable and close to so many amenities- near Fair Oaks Mall, near Chantilly library, Costco, Lowes & Chantilly. On bus line too. I am also looking into the schools as my kids haven't yet reached school age.

When we bought our townhome we worked in Fairfax city so it was 6 miles to work (15-30 minute commute depending on time of day).

Old 03-04-2011, 12:26 PM

486 posts, read 1,665,245 times
I used to live in Winding Brook and can say it's a nice TH community. We loved our neighbors and it had a nice family feel to it. Kids used to come to our door asking for our child to play. We'd meet up with other families at the pool. We did hear of some minor crime, mostly car break ins or defacement of playground equipment, but that was it. We miss the community feel of the place since we've left.

Homes are are incredibly affordable right now.

It seems that Brookfield Elementary is becoming better on their test scores this year; not sure why/how. It is a very diverse school with many ESL students which I think leads to the lower test scores. Parental reviews of the school however are good.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:46 PM

12 posts, read 30,335 times
Last Thursday, Fairfax County just approved new boundaries for many of the elementary schools, including Brookfield. I think this will be very positive for Brookfield. Before the new boundaries, the district map looked gerrymandered to carve out a district which kept the high density subdivisions at Brookfield and carved out the less dense subdivisions to form the surrounding district of Poplar Tree Elementary. That's just how it looked to me from the map. I am pleased that, from the map alone, it looks like they may be correcting the original absurd boundaries.

I have heard phenomenal things about Brookfield. I know that a lot of resources- state & federal are being directed to it. I've also heard that the principal is very good and the PTA is extremely strong and active.
If my kids go to Brookfield next year for kindergarden I will give you all an update!

Btw, in earlier post I meant to say it is near Target, not Chantilly!

Old 03-24-2011, 08:39 PM

4 posts, read 7,243 times
Default Grew up in Brookfield

I grew up in the Brookfield subdivision.Attended Brookfield Elem from 3rd to 6th grade and graduated from Chantilly High. I now own 2 houses in the area I grew up in. From then to now the area has mostly been a safe and pleasent area to live in. Indeed there are pockets of the community one should stray from, but all in all a nice place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: