Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 06:48 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,078 times

Advertisements

Just trying to figure out what McLean is like. You know, near Tyson Square.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 07:03 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,085,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
Just trying to figure out what McLean is like. You know, near Tyson Square.
I think Tysons Square (off Leesburg Pike) is technically Vienna, not McLean, and it's a giant Metro construction site right now.

Did you have some other place in mind?

There are a fair number of apartment buildings behind Tysons amidst the office parks that do have McLean addresses - off Old Meadow and Anderson Rd. There's a good Regency Sport & Health Club and a Lost Dog Cafe in that area, but otherwise I don't think there's a lot to do for anyone under 35 apart from the malls and maybe Jammin Java in Vienna. Not too far a drive from Arlington, though.

Last edited by JD984; 03-07-2011 at 07:16 PM..

Old 03-08-2011, 07:19 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,078 times
I need to sorta rent a house with a fenced yard since I have a dog.

I know where lost dog cafe is, that place is awesome. Right next to that cat place.

So I guess I could live in Arlington and commute in the morning. That seems idea.

What is the metro stop for Tysons square, near the Tower Club?

Thanks.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,085,417 times
Quote:
I need to sorta rent a house with a fenced yard since I have a dog.

I know where lost dog cafe is, that place is awesome. Right next to that cat place.

So I guess I could live in Arlington and commute in the morning. That seems idea.

What is the metro stop for Tysons square, near the Tower Club?

Thanks.
Closest metro to Tysons Square will be Tysons Central - 7. Closest metro to Tower Club will be Tysons Central - 123. Neither scheduled to open until 2013, at the earliest.

You've mentioned "Tysons Square" a few times, but as far as I can tell that's basically a strip mall on Leesburg Pike west of Tysons. Are you sure you don't mean "Fairfax Square," which is a bunch of office buildings and shops across from Tysons Corner Mall? The closest metro to Fairfax Square will also be Tysons Central - 123. It looks to me like it would be a bit of a hike by foot from Tysons Central - 123 to Fairfax Square, but maybe they'll have bus service.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:53 PM

1,652 posts, read 3,878,778 times
Quote:
Hehehe... I've actually seen Westover real estate listings that include a mention of the Lost Dog Cafe (or even a picture of its exterior ) - sorta like how some Del Ray (in Alexandria) listings will include a mention/photo of the Dairy Godmother frozen custard place. A restaurant/ice cream place/whatever doesn't get much more awesome than being a reason for someone to purchase a home in a particular neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia