Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 11:32 AM

696 posts, read 1,696,324 times

Advertisements

We are moving from Seattle to VA at the end of June and allowed 60 days of temporary housing per relocation package. We really don't want to unload our moving truck into a rental so are looking at a furnished apartment. This place seems to meet our needs (2 kids/2 dogs/furnished/housing allowance, etc). Does anyone have advice for this apartment since we are contemplating signing a lease site unseen? We will only be in there 60 or less as we will either be moving to a rental house or buying at that point. The other option is to have our agent view it for us, or my husband to wait until he arrives in 2 weeks to view it then.

Thanks in advance!

Fairfax Square Signature Apartments for rent in Fairfax VA: Van Metre Apartments has rental properties for lease in Fairfax county in northern VA near Washington DC (http://www.vanmetreapartments.com/communities/fairfax-square/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 01:11 PM

722 posts, read 1,983,191 times
I can't tell you anything about that specific complex, because I've never been inside. But the neighborhood around it is quiet and safe. Access to public transportation (buses) is decent, and you're not too far from Old Town Fairfax. Which is a nice little area with shops and restaurants and a gorgeous library.

If someone in your family is commuting to DC, don't believe what the website says about this apartment complex being "15 minutes away." Maybe at 2:00 in the morning, but if you're talking normal commuting hours, it's sure going to take longer than that! But it still wouldn't be the worst commute in the area.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,561 times
Default request

I will ve visiting professor in GMU from 15 march for 5 months and I am looking for one bedroom furnished flat, close to metro station!

pleasae inform about the availability and prices

regards george Manliev

Old 03-16-2011, 08:58 PM

23 posts, read 61,958 times
I lived in this community for 2.5 years before I moved to McLean, VA. I must say, that this place is a just awesome. The Leasing Office People are very friendly, helpfull and they go there out of the way to help you. The Maintenance People are very on time, they come in even during the middle of the night, even if its just a Blind thats not opening.

The only downside - is there are a lot of GMU Kids, living in this community, and it could get a little too loud on Friday and Saturday Nights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia