U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2007, 10:39 AM

6 posts, read 17,812 times

Advertisements

Any opinions?
I asked before about the best commute for my husband into Crystal City, everyone agreed on Alexandria. Thank you!!

However, I would like to work at Loudoun Hospital, Fair Oaks, possibly Reston, or Potomac Hospital. It seems to be more affordable to live near these hospitals. We will be renting a SFH, and schools are very important. It is hard to decide if Woodbridge is a good place or not with the different opinions, but I keep leaning toward Potomac or Loudoun Hospital. I have a feeling the commute would be better in Woodbridge (VRE) than Leesburg/Ashburn, but am not sure. I'll take any advice and some suggestions on where to live (close to Potomac Hospital). Please help the confusion-thanks so much!!

Also, anyone know a good way to find SFHs for rent?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 11:05 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,034,186 times
we live in Leesburg and the commute into Tysons is an hour most days. not sure how much futher cystal city would be.

housing in Leesburg is more affordable than in Ashburn. Ashburn is newer (a planned community) while Leesburg is an old town that has new neighborhoods etc...

Ashburn is closer in by about 15 min +/- giving where in Ashburn you live.
If you live in the back part of Ashburn you can easily jump right on the toll as it runs right behind Broadlands.

Schools in both areas are great.

Reston is closer in and you might be able to find a good SFH rental there.

I know Loudoun has lots of VERY nice houses for rent right now because people are trying to "wait out" the market drop until they sell.

If you are looking in PW county I would go to Gainsville area rather than Woodbridge...but that just my personal preference. I really have been VERY happy with the Loudoun County school system.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:44 AM

Thanks! My husband has mentioned Gainsville-I guess I would work at Prince William Hospital? Any opinion on the hospitals?
Do you Drive from Leesburg to Tysons during rush hour and make it in an hour?

Last edited by dmovj3; 07-27-2007 at 12:15 PM..

Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 PM

34 posts, read 126,941 times
I'd like to hear opinions on the PW county hospitals too as I have a friend who may consider working in the area.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:22 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,034,186 times
Quote:
Do you Drive from Leesburg to Tysons during rush hour and make it in an hour?
not me but my husband does. And yes he usually makes it in about an hour, he takes rt 7 now because his carpool buddie moved and he had the smart tag!
On bad nights it can be up to 90 min. But since he usually leaves at 6pm or after traffic has thinned by then he also goes in around 6-6:30 am.

Loudoun INNOVA is a great hospital and it's actually located closer to Ashburn than Leesburg propper (if looking at drive times) it's in Landsdowne E of rt 7 and Ashburn lies just west of rt7.

for loudoun...
I'd look at Ashburn...to what in your price range is avail. it's got super amienities and great schools and tons of families.

for PW county...
Gainsville & Bristow areas would be my top picks.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:00 PM

Thanks for the info 5stones, you helped me narrow it down to those three areas. I think my first choice would be Inova Loudoun. Guess I'll see where I can get a job. Thanks again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia