Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:20 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,885,780 times

Advertisements

Hamilton, Purceville if you are looking for a small rural town with a "community" Leesburg is close to these for all your BIG shopping etc... BEAUTIFUL area!

Consider yourself do very lucky that you have a job where you do. Excellent schools are all over so it will be very easy to find a good one. (listing schools to avoid is more simple than listings good ones)
And yes Middleburg...but it's pretty $$$$

If you really want a short commute then yes, look at Brambleton, South Riding areas.

Also look along Evergreen Mills Rd (state 621) Lots of niche neighobrhoods in there (I believe they ae considered Leesburg for schools) there are also some nice places off of 15near oatlands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 06:26 PM

577 posts, read 2,060,367 times
I've lived in Loudoun County for about 8 years and from what I've seen Purcellville may be a good option for you. It's an actual town, unlike the communities of Brambleton, Stone Ridge, South Riding, and some others. It has a downtown area, parks, and is in the Loudoun County school district, which is generally considered pretty good. While there are plenty of homes in the town of Purcellville, there are some housing developments closer to the outskirts as well so you have some variety in the type of home you might find. Plus a stay-at-home mom would have some options for friends and getting involved in the community. A good group is MOMS Club of Purcellville. I wasn't a member there but was of another chapter. It can be a tremendous help for making friends in a new community.

I second the idea to check out each potential neighborhood carefully in terms of number of children, their ages, and the general vibe of what could be your neighbors. Even a block away can make a difference sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia