Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 06:40 PM

3 posts, read 7,451 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me an update on MetroWest sales.

It seems that the price of the smallest model (1448 sq ft) is up by $20K, but the largest model (2470 sq ft) went down, compared to early July.

It is a little bit surprising to me that units are being sold, even before model units are available.

I'm interested in, but my concern is that there are too many units.

Any thoughts or updates are welcome. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 08:13 PM

200 posts, read 560,552 times
Yesterday, I was told that there are altogether 14 units sold right now. My guess is 9 Blake (smallest), 4 Stuart (medium) and 1 Tyler (largest). They have been getting quite a lot of attention earlier (took them 3-4 weeks to go through VIP list before they opened to public) but I believe that the sales pace has slowed down a bit.

I bought the Stuart at the pre-construction price and honestly I am not quite sure whether the price will go up or down in the short term. I believe that if the price go down it won't be by much since there are quite a lot of demand in the project and I would really like to customize the options as well (you have to purchase quite early to be able to customize your home) so I decided to purchase. But in the long term, after everything is complete -- parks, condos, retails, jogging trails and community center, I am pretty sure that the price will only go up.

You might be able to get good price if you wait until the first building is completed and if nobody make an offer within 30 days, I suspect that the price will come down a bit but then again you might have to enter bidding war when the price come down.

I was told that usually once the first few buildings are completed and once people have already moved in, sales progress will pick up again and the price might go up.

A few weeks ago, I knew that the price for Blake went up for $6K and so does the price for Stuart. I didn't realize until seeing the post today that the price for Blake already went up $20K.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:30 AM

By the way, do you know how much was the price drop for the largest unit?

Old 07-26-2011, 07:44 AM

48 posts, read 146,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natthapol View Post

I bought the Stuart at the pre-construction price and honestly I am not quite sure whether the price will go up or down in the short term.

May I ask what is the deposit required to write a new contract?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natthapol View Post
A few weeks ago, I knew that the price for Blake went up for $6K and so does the price for Stuart. I didn't realize until seeing the post today that the price for Blake already went up $20K.

Do you know if the builder is willing to negotiate further if I am not represented by a Realtor? Did you use a Realtor? Thanks.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor-in-Fairfax View Post
May I ask what is the deposit required to write a new contract?

Do you know if the builder is willing to negotiate further if I am not represented by a Realtor? Did you use a Realtor? Thanks.

I believe the deposit required was $10K + 50% of options price. With or without a realtor, you will likely not get any price difference for MetroWest. I use a Realtor and we could not negotiate any price reduction. You may be able to find a realtor (buyer side) that is willing to give you a kickback though -- I 've heard that some realtors do that. I have a friend who is a realtor in MD and he said that normally the buyer won't give us any discount even if we don't use a realtor.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:54 PM

3 posts, read 7,451 times
Default Price Change

This was the price range of each model in late June / early July:

Blake (1,448 sf) $499,990–$530,930
Stuart (1,942 sf) $625,430–$655,330
Tyler (2,470 sf) $731,880–$766,980

The current base price is as follows:

Blake (1,448 sf) $510,990
Stuart (1,942 sf) $625,990
Tyler (2,470 sf) $709,990

Anyway, just comparing the low prices, Blake is up by $20K, Stuart is similar, and Tyler is down by $20K, approximately. This change may be partially due to the specific location of the buildings that are currently being sold.

It seems that the base price does not include some options that people usually like, such as granite countertop, stainless appliances, or hardwood floors (correct me if it is not correct). These options may cost additional $30K.

May I ask what was the additional cost for options and elevation.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachell0 View Post
This was the price range of each model in late June / early July:

Blake (1,448 sf) $499,990–$530,930
Stuart (1,942 sf) $625,430–$655,330
Tyler (2,470 sf) $731,880–$766,980

The current base price is as follows:

Blake (1,448 sf) $510,990
Stuart (1,942 sf) $625,990
Tyler (2,470 sf) $709,990

Anyway, just comparing the low prices, Blake is up by $20K, Stuart is similar, and Tyler is down by $20K, approximately. This change may be partially due to the specific location of the buildings that are currently being sold.

It seems that the base price does not include some options that people usually like, such as granite countertop, stainless appliances, or hardwood floors (correct me if it is not correct). These options may cost additional $30K.

May I ask what was the additional cost for options and elevation.
The price that you listed above was originally from the email that they sent out. For people who are on VIP list, they offered the price of $499K / $619K / $709K for Blake / Stuart / Tyler. So the price for Blake went up $11K and Stuart went up $6K, while Tyler's price is the same based on your updated info.

It's probably best to talk to sales there to get the final price about options and elevation but I think people spend around $20-$30K, some less, some more. I think you might have to also pay additional if you want units closer to the metro or right on the park.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:56 PM

Update: They have sold 17 units. 10 Blake, 6 Stuart and 1 Tyler.

Of course, it's difficult to spend $800K without seeing the model! Not sure what to expect with the looming recession..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia