Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 09:50 AM

3,315 posts, read 10,114,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmurphy View Post
Believe it or not, I've heard that the wxyz lounge at the aloft (hotel behind the Exxon just off the LoCo Parkway exit on the Greenway) is pretty happening. They have live music, DJs, and extended happy hours; check out their Facebook page for details.
We had a gathering in the Aloft last Fall and we're not even in the neighborhood (live out in Winchester)! But a close friend (fr Cascades) was our guest of honor. Had a really great time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 10:47 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,151,692 times
Checkout Fireworks pizza in Leesburg for outstanding food and a stellar beer list.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:22 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,660,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpickrell View Post
Wait, someone lives in Woodbridge and is making fun of people in Brambleton?

Maybe for a DINK, Reston, or Leesburg/Herndon/Fairfax City might be better than Orange Line Arlington, but you live to fulfill YOUR needs, not to make some friends who're still getting smashed every Friday night happy.

Hahah yeah, the only friends who have complained are the ones who still live in Woodbridge...with their parents.

yeah, you're right. Plus I've made lots of new friends around here. It just sucks when people are like that.

When I first moved to Woodbridge in 1994 from Alexandria, Woodbridge was considered more of the boonies than what Brambleton is today. The closest store of gas station was at least 4 miles away.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:07 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,591,312 times
lol there is some serious hostility in this thread about people living in loudoun and working in fairfax.

i also think its funny when people refer to loudoun as the country. i lived in leesburg for 25 years and its a megalopolis now compared to what it was just 10-15 years ago. it was really the country back then. not so much anymore with all of the sprawl

Old 02-14-2012, 08:11 AM

9,900 posts, read 14,211,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
i also think its funny when people refer to loudoun as the country. i lived in leesburg for 25 years and its a megalopolis now compared to what it was just 10-15 years ago. it was really the country back then. not so much anymore with all of the sprawl
Yes, I agree, Leesburg isn't the country (and neither is Sterling/ Ashburn), but most of the rest of Loudoun county is. It's a big county.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Yes, I agree, Leesburg isn't the country (and neither is Sterling/ Ashburn), but most of the rest of Loudoun county is. It's a big county.
yea purcellville and west are still pretty rural but leesburg and points east are extremely urban compared to how it was a decade back

Old 02-14-2012, 08:44 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,660,167 times
Apparently, the area around Brambleton will look COMPLETELY different a mere few years from now with Moorefield and Loudoun Station:

http://www.committeefordulles.org/pd...eldStation.pdf

Loudoun Station - Comstock Partners - Real Estate - Metro 7 Office, Commercial, Residential, Hotel

Both stations have already begun Phase 1 of development with the apartments coming up. I wonder how long it will take for everything to be put in place? These two projects seem to make going into Reston as an afterthought, but I have a feeling that it's gonna take the Metro for these both to succeed.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:13 PM

298 posts, read 682,209 times
LOL. I remember when McLean was "the country," and Great Falls was "where the hicks live." How things have changed.

Brambleton -- and Loudoun for that matter -- is nice. I don't live there, but if I did, I would have more concerns about developing too quickly than not enough development. Traffic in Loudoun always seems pretty bad to me, and I blame it on the huge number of developments (with lots of apartments, townhouses, and close together housing), but the roads haven't quite kept up. I like Loudoun, but it's getting pretty crowded!

Old 02-16-2012, 07:51 AM

^^you must be a lifer from this area and over 50. I'm only 26 but have lived my entire life in NoVA so I'm a little too young to remember McClean being the country but remember anything west of Fairfax being the country

Old 02-16-2012, 01:17 PM

423 posts, read 1,241,521 times
I remember driving out rt 7 from Sterling Blvd to Leesburg in the early '80's and passing only one lone Exxon station between the two. The Exxon station is now long gone. In '86, I was living in Falls Church and was finally able to buy my first house. I ended up buying a place in Sterling and my real estate agent, a wonderful lady from Arlington, commented to me about how far out of town I was moving. This area has grown tremendously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia