Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 12:38 PM

462 posts, read 1,210,642 times

Advertisements

If you want to try my neighborhood, Cascades (Potomac Falls) part of Sterling 20165, there is a house for rent via military-by-owner. I can vouch for the neighborhood. Lots of kids, close to schools, close to Algonkian Park.

If interested, I can tell you how to go about looking up the listing. I believe the rental sign was still in the yard but am not 100% certain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 12:41 PM

2,136 posts, read 5,311,488 times
Ashburn is great for families, and there are a lot of stay-at-home moms (and dads!) in this area... but I'm afraid there isn't much in the way of good Mexican food here. Lots of good Salvadoran/Bolivian/Peruvian food though. I used to live in New Mexico too (outside Las Vegas) and I like Anita's, which is a NoVA chain of New Mexican style food. Uncle Julio's in Reston has good migas, which I loved from when I lived in Austin.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,557,786 times
Brambleton isn't that far from Chantilly, and a very easy drive through the country side (10 minutes maybe?) Lots of townhouses, and KIDS, everywhere! Kids kids kids kids kids! I think it's a requirement that you have those little family stickers on the back of your car to live there. We just moved just north of there from Chicago last fall, and LOVE it!! Our son, who is about to turn 4, did'nt have a single friend in Chicago because we had moved to the wrong neighborhood (too mature). Here, within 4 months, he runs around the neighborhood nearly every day with at least 10 kids, all range from 10 to 3. He's in pure heaven now, and the change has improved his personality and behaviour tremendously! I know exactly what you're saying about Micky Mouse and you. My wife stays home with our son and 1 year old daughter. I was watching the Club House at 4:30 this morning with the 1 year old, who has a crush on Mickey already. I'm ok with this, but please don't bring back Imagination Movers. I have mental scars from two years of that show 24/7.

Google Brambleton, see if you see anything... We used realtor.com a lot when we were searching from Chicago, before we got a realtor. It's pretty accurate to what you'll see on MLS.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:04 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,603,624 times
re: the Ashburn property you like but are unsure about, why not get an Ashburn-area realtor to give you an independent look-see for a flat fee (say, $100-$150) to figure out why it's been staying on the market. Maybe it's priced too high for the neighborhood, maybe it has the world's tackiest wallpaper, maybe the landlord is a jerk, maybe it's just not quite the right fit at that price range for other families. Who knows?

Old 03-08-2012, 02:09 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Yeah like NC211 said, Brambleton is a good option too. Chantilly is like 15 mins down from Brambleton.

South Riding is in Chantilly. That's a really nice area too to check out.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:13 PM

6 posts, read 6,006 times
@Jen - it is in Ashburn Village. By the Ray Muth Sr Memorial Park.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:22 PM

thank you thank you thank you!

@cdmurphy - i would take an anitas in a heart beat! that is promising news. out where we live in philaburbia it is all cheesesteaks and diner food and i long for flavor. we don't even have a decent thai restaurant! i miss good food.

@weezycom - i contacted the lady i had been speaking to about it today and she told me she would go check it out. my gut just says no.

@nc211 - my 18 month old daughter is a mickey junkie. everything is constantly "mouse mouse mouse". she talks about it so much that her 4 year old brother is tired of it! lol. i will check out Brambleton, but so far there doesn't seem to be a lot of options that way. properties move so quick that it surprises me! and i missed imagination movers - we are just barely becoming a disney family by way of nick jr.

does nova get verizon fios? it would be nice to just have a straight transfer on our cable service.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:24 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
In brambleton, fios is included in the HOA. but yes, most areas in nova have it

Old 03-08-2012, 02:26 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryee View Post
does nova get verizon fios? it would be nice to just have a straight transfer on our cable service.
Yes, especially Ashburn where Verizon has a major campus.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:30 PM

i looked up rentals in Brambleton and the internets told me they don't exist. and now i just want to live there more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia