Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2007, 10:42 AM

6 posts, read 22,836 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I was offered a position at Fort Belvoir and will be relocating in December of this year. Single male (no kids, no wife) looking to be close to nightlife but by no means do I need to be able to walk to it. Looking for no more than a 30 minute commute to the Fort, and hopefully no more than 15 minute commute to the local metro/bus line.

I know prices of property aren't doing so great, so I'm hoping to buy early 2008 and catch one while on the rise but still for a good deal on a condo. Any/all recommendations very much appreciated. Not looking to spend more than $350k on a condo.

Priority for me is the following:

1. Nice area
2. Commute time
3. Nightlife

A friend suggested Kingstowne but I'd like more than 1 option . He also noted that I could position myself to always be driving against traffic due to the location of work (maybe you could explain that better?), .

Thanks for all input.

p.s. pie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 12:09 PM

4 posts, read 9,524 times
I think Kingstown is great! I would also look at burke and sprinfield. For a single person do not go any further than springfield or you can call it a night. This is the half way point into DC, and off the exit to Tysons Corner-

Good Luck

Old 09-12-2007, 12:11 PM

352 posts, read 1,592,060 times
Springfield, Lake Ridge, Alexandria (Fairfax Count, not Alexandria City), Lorton, and Kingstowne would all work nicely. Just stay away from the nasty parts of Route 1 in Alexandria/Fairfax County, and you should be fine. Those areas tend to cluster in zip code 22309. The two Metro stops that are closest to your workplace are Huntington (yellow line) and Springfield/Franconia (blue line), both about 10 miles away from FB.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:05 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,683,672 times
Kingstowne would be perfect. Short commute, plenty of restaurants and amenities, and a five-minute drive to the Blue Line if you want to go to Old Town, Arlington, or DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia