Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 06:39 PM

2,145 posts, read 3,061,004 times

Advertisements

We're considering doing our Mothers Day brunch the weekend before to avoid the mobs. If you've been there on a non-Easter, non-Mothers Day, non-major holiday Sunday, could you share about your experience? I know it's ridiculously expensive, but I would appreciate any other information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 07:15 AM

1,256 posts, read 4,195,692 times
I've eaten brunch at Westfields once, maybe twice. The impression I came away with was NOT one of "This is a high-class joint!" (thought with the strongest New Joisey accent).

In fact, I was really disappointed - the food was fine, of course, but the dining experience just didn't leave a really good feeling - there were people there dressed up in suits, etc, but there were also folks there in shorts and/or jeans (the impression I remember is "shorts" but that's not a strong one so the prior words say "shorts and/or jeans" to cover that poor memory - the clothes, whatever they were, didn't seem appropriate and THAT'S what I remember).

And actually getting the food felt almost exactly like I was at Peter Pan Buffet (my fave buffet, BTW); folks would pile HUGE amounts of food on their plates rather than simply sampling dishes and THEN coming back for another subtle load. It's a buffet, afterall, you don't have ONLY ONE chance to get something so no need to pile it to the point of falling off the plate. And, of course, the "ambiance" certainly suffers when you see such feeding (and ambiance for SURE (theoretically) is a major part of what you're paying for at "such a joint").

So I haven't been back.

YMMV, of course.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:08 AM

18 posts, read 72,238 times
It's definitely gone downhill in recent years, IMO. We used to go there couple of times a year, but stopped b/c the lines were ridiculously long and food quality was not as good. Service was hit-and-miss. We went back for Easter brunch recently - BIG MISTAKE. Long, long, long lines for food, and service was good in the beginnning, but once they dropped off the check (in the middle of the meal, to boot), they stopped coming by with refills of OJ and champagne. And it was $70 per person, including kids over the age of 10. Seriously?!? Totally not worth it, IMO. I am not a buffet person to begin with, but this one has totally gone downhill. Will not return again.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:51 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,083,378 times
Definitely avoid eating anywhere on Mother's Day. Smart move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia