Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 08:12 PM

721 posts, read 1,216,697 times

Advertisements

I'll need a good realtor to help me find an apartment in the Alexandria area. I'm looking for a highrise condo which has better sound insulation than regular apartments.

I have several criteria such as location, condition of the apartment, neighbors, etc. I would appreciate if anyone would kindly recommend a good realtor who is smart and can efficiently find condos that meet my criteria (instead of showing me random places and repeating the same approach that doesn't work).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 08:32 PM

8,987 posts, read 21,205,467 times
You should note that posting recommendations of realtors is considered real estate advertising per the Terms of Service. Consider inviting non-realtors to Direct Message you with their suggestions.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:57 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,967,317 times
Try homesdatabase.com, look for properties for rent in Alexandria and call the listing agent directly. You want to look for an agent who concentrates on Alexandria and will know the area well, not an agent from a distant area who just happens to have a listing in Alexandria.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margery View Post
Try homesdatabase.com, look for properties for rent in Alexandria and call the listing agent directly. You want to look for an agent who concentrates on Alexandria and will know the area well, not an agent from a distant area who just happens to have a listing in Alexandria.
How can I find an agent who concentrates on Alexandria?

Old 08-24-2012, 04:44 AM

I did a search on google and found several realtors in Alexandria, Vienna who got good reviews. I called them and left messages. But I have got no response, probably because they are too busy.

What is a good way to get connected with realtors?

Old 08-24-2012, 08:37 AM

9,894 posts, read 14,181,970 times
Visit their open houses.....that's how we met ours. You can talk to them for a few minutes and see if they have the right "feel" for you.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:43 AM

6,577 posts, read 8,436,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAlbuquerque View Post
I did a search on google and found several realtors in Alexandria, Vienna who got good reviews. I called them and left messages. But I have got no response, probably because they are too busy.

What is a good way to get connected with realtors?
Something to keep in mind - not all Realtors handle rentals.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,967,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Something to keep in mind - not all Realtors handle rentals.
Exactly! Which is why I advised the OP to check homesdatabase.com and call the listing agents for rentals found there. I noticed one agent had 4 rental listings in Alexandria which would suggest that person would know the rental market in Alexandria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia