Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2012, 02:57 PM

5 posts, read 6,444 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to put in a good word for a painter I found. I had used 2 other painters prior to finding him. The first painter I found was from a recommendation from a friend. They were supposed to come every weekend until the job was completed. Their painting was average. Nothing spectacular, but not bad. They came for two weekends, however on the third Saturday, they called half hour after they were supposed to be there, and said they would be late and be there sometime around 12. Later they called and said they could not make it until 2:00. They later called and said they could not make it and would be there Sunday at 8:00. They did not make it until 1:00 Sunday. When they got there, I told them to forget it.

The next set of painters, I got from the internet, where you pay per painter. I had two guys show up. One guy was okay, however the other guy was slow and inexperienced. Used them for one day. The following week, I found David. I figured I would try him out for a day. The guy was amazing. Incredibly quick with attention to detail. He was also cheap. $175/day. I originally only intended to use the guy for 2 days but found excuses to use him for 5 days. Found another room for him to paint, and to clean up some of the work done by the previous painters . His contact information is ... I only used him for painting, but he also does Drywall, Ceramic Tiles and Carpentry. Since he was so good, I wanted to let other people know.

Last edited by FindingZen; 11-20-2012 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: Recommendations are only allowed after ten (10) posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 07:27 PM

979 posts, read 1,774,985 times
What area does he service? Most don't cover all of Northern VA because it's so large. Are we talking PWC, Loudoun, Fairfax...? I want to have my living room painted, but my husband doesn't think it's a priority. If I could get a really good price, I might just go ahead and have it done :P

Old 11-20-2012, 05:04 AM

271 posts, read 446,457 times
Is there a website or another credible piece of information? We are looking for a specialty painter (designer) as well however, the OP has only 2 posts with a join date of 11-19-2012...and no website. Call me a bit apprehensive, but I'ver wasted far too much $ on "hired talent".

Old 11-20-2012, 03:33 PM

I am not sure of the exact geographical region that he services. The house he painted is in Burke. After I move, I am going to have him paint my existing house, before I put it up on the market

Old 11-20-2012, 03:36 PM

The painting I had him do was nothing fancy. I had him painting walls, doors, ceilings, trims, moldings, etc... All I can say is that the lines between the ceilings and walls; walls and baseboards was way better than the average painter.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:44 PM

The reason I joined this site was to relay my experience with this painter. He is a good painter and from my experience a good person. Just wanted to help him out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia