U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 03:24 PM

7,670 posts, read 13,219,767 times

Advertisements

I got onto 95 N from 17 and saw the tractor trailer on the SB side that had jack-knifed. Traffic was at a stand still. I exited at 152 towards Manassas (some 18 or so miles later) and traffic was STILL extremely heavy and barely moving. Not sure how far the back up continued. I cannot imagine driving 95 on a regular basis. Is sounded as though NB was pretty bad this AM all the way in to DC.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 03:51 PM

12,459 posts, read 14,464,298 times
I was sort of in it!!

I leave DC at 2:30. There was a problem in Springfield that had two right lanes closed down so it was a real slog from Edsall through Springfield. After that, though, it was a piece of cake. I exit at 158 so I wasn't affected by whatever was going on farther south.

My traffic to and from Woodbridge to DC is about 95% a piece of cake. Starting late last week has been another matter. Last Friday it was gridlocked early from Lorton through Dale City. Then yesterday morning and this morning, there were HOV incidents and accidents in the mainline. I swear this happens every holiday season. Less commuters but people are driving crazy.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:00 PM

5,775 posts, read 6,494,356 times
Lightbulb hov-er update

Entered crystal city around 4 and regular 95 was backed up solid from the pentagon thru springfield (that's nearly 10 miles). Signage said 'disabled vehicle' but a 18-wheeler with a mobile home that broke loose on the trailer is hardly a disabled vehicle. Really a shame how a relatively minor (although large) vehicle incident can severly impact the roadway.

I knew traffic was bad when the HOV pickup lot at the pentagon was OVERFLOWING with cars trying to pick up passengers. Way more vehicles than normally showed up in the slug lot. Another observation is that more people are chancing HOV when the regular road is a disaster. Yesterday a Cooper Mini (hybrid?) had one guy but the vehicle in front of him got pulled over first so he was able to continue moving.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:20 PM

14,193 posts, read 25,036,712 times
I wasn't in it but my husband was (so I heard about it when he finally made it home)

Old 12-19-2012, 06:46 PM

26,217 posts, read 38,970,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I got onto 95 N from 17 and saw the tractor trailer on the SB side that had jack-knifed. Traffic was at a stand still. I exited at 152 towards Manassas (some 18 or so miles later) and traffic was STILL extremely heavy and barely moving. Not sure how far the back up continued. I cannot imagine driving 95 on a regular basis. Is sounded as though NB was pretty bad this AM all the way in to DC.
I got off early around 1:30 today. I drove down to the DMV in Lorton from Arlington. I was back heading North at 2:30. Then I saw traffic building up around Springfield on the SB side and I saw fire trucks heading South. Then I had lunch in Alexandria and when I got on 395 N from Landmark the Southbound side was a parking lot.

I am so happy I do not live down that way and need to do that commute everyday. I lucked out having a 20 minute bus commute to all three of my job sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia