Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 03:59 PM

27 posts, read 35,946 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I am going to be taking a trip to PR and I'm looking for the cheapest solution to parking my car close to the DCA (Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) Airport. My trip will be for 9 days and I wanted to park near DCA and take a uber to the airport. If I can get within about 10 minutes of the airport, the uber ride shouldn't be more than 10 bucks, it will be ALOT cheaper than paying 8-14 dollars a day in one of those airport parking garages. A friend of mine supposedly lives about 10 minutes away from the airport and he is going to let me park at his house, but just in case he cancels out on me at the last minute, I wanted to make sure I had a back up plan. My trip is going to be from April 26th - May 5th.

I know I am being a cheap ass, but If there is a way for me to save some money so I can use it on the vacation, instead of parking, I would definitely do that instead lol. Any help would be very much appreciated. Please do not recommend places where I would get towed....that would really suck....

Thanks fellow NoVA'ers...or however you would say it.

Regards,
A Cheap Ass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 04:04 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,478,613 times
Last time we flew out of National Airport (dating myself there) I used an online site called parkingpanda.com, and got a space in a hotel garage in Crystal City for 1/2 the price I would've paid at DCA. Shuttle to the airport was free.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:05 PM

6,567 posts, read 8,415,072 times
You can try parkingpanda.com to see if you'll get anything cheaper.

You could also try parking at a metro station and taking that to the airport. For instance, Huntington has several multi-day parking spots and it's the standard fee of $4.85 per day.

Metro - Rail - Parking - Daily Parking

Old 04-22-2016, 04:16 PM

Thanks for the suggestion guys, but I just did a quote in parkingpanda.com and the rates are HORRIBLE! 118 bucks for 9 days. There has to be something better...where there is a will...there is a way! If I could just get within 10 minutes of the Airport, call an Uber, go to the aiport and vice versa when I come back from my trip, the Uber total will be about 20 bucks.....way better than 118. ;-)

Old 04-22-2016, 05:58 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,106,966 times
Just park at a VRE and those lot are free. You can walk from crystal city train station

Old 04-22-2016, 07:05 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,335,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Just park at a VRE and those lot are free. You can walk from crystal city train station
He's right. Park at the VRE station and purchase whatever round tickets you need.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:32 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,389,879 times
Metro station- either Huntington or Springfield is probably your best bet. Less than $5 to park for basically as long as you want.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:57 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,786,839 times
Where do you live? Why not Uber all the way to the airport or, alternatively, Uber to the nearest Metro/VRE station? There's also Super Shuttle, which I have not personally used, but seems pretty affordable, especially if you do the shared van.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:37 AM

After all my Soul Searching that I did on Facebook, I finally found one of my rich buddies who is able to afford to live within 5 minutes of the airport. I will park my car at his house, call my Uber, and take my 5 mins trip to the air port. I wonder how much a 5 minute ride to the Air Port would be via Uber............

Old 04-23-2016, 02:09 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,106,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdZDuBZ View Post
After all my Soul Searching that I did on Facebook, I finally found one of my rich buddies who is able to afford to live within 5 minutes of the airport. I will park my car at his house, call my Uber, and take my 5 mins trip to the air port. I wonder how much a 5 minute ride to the Air Port would be via Uber............
Its a nice area. The time with stoplights and traffic, just walk if they live that close. Anywhere in crystal city is walking distance to Reagan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: