Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2013, 10:54 AM

529 posts, read 745,690 times

Advertisements

Any idea where lot of Asian Indians live in Falls Church area communities that feed to Haycock Elementary school?

I am looking to buy/rent a home.

My budget to buy home is up to $650K or rent a 2BR/3BR home/apartment for around $2200.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 11:04 AM

5,125 posts, read 10,042,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvVA View Post
Any idea where lot of Asian Indians live in Falls Church area communities that feed to Haycock Elementary school?

I am looking to buy/rent a home.

My budget to buy home is up to $650K or rent a 2BR/3BR home/apartment for around $2200.

Thanks for your help.
Here's the map for Haycock. Your best option at the moment would be one of the townhouse complexes near Westmoreland and Kirby. There is not a lot available in that price range in the Haycock district. There were a few single-family houses that went on the market recently around $650K and they had contracts in less than a week.

http://www.fcps.edu/images/boundarymaps/haycockes.pdf

Old 08-19-2013, 08:57 PM

Thanks JEB77.

Any idea of community names where more Asian Indians live in 22043 (Haycock) area?

Old 08-20-2013, 08:08 AM

2,462 posts, read 8,889,401 times
The Haycock attendance zone is not huge. Most of the area surrounding the school is single-family homes, with a mix of longtime older residents and new families, many of whom have demolished or expanded the original relatively small houses into larger and more expensive homes. The older residents are almost exclusively white; the new residents are very diverse, but do include many Asians and South Asians. As JEB suggested, your best bet will most likely be the townhouses. I used to drive by those complexes on a daily basis when our son attended Haycock and lots of the kids waiting at the bus stop were Asian. Not necessarily Indian. Although there are enclaves of particular ethnic groups in some parts of northern Virginia (Koreans in Annandale, for instance), the Haycock area is not one of them. But rest assured, there are plenty of Asian Indians around, even if they aren't concentrated in one community.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:35 AM

5,125 posts, read 10,042,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvVA View Post
Thanks JEB77.

Any idea of community names where more Asian Indians live in 22043 (Haycock) area?
The townhouse complex I was describing near Westmoreland and Kirby is called Westmoreland Square. I don't know if it's particularly popular among Indians, but it's in your price range and there are certainly Indian or Indian-American students at Haycock. Apart from that, I don't have any more to add to what Claremarie mentioned (other than to note that the Korean residential community is now larger in Centreville than in Annandale, even if the retail businesses in Annandale remain largely Korean). Good luck.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:49 AM

406 posts, read 616,433 times
Correct, the large TH community called Westmoreland Square is about your only option that I am familiar with. These are quite small (3 BR, finished but not necessarily walkout basement, maybe 1300 or so SF above grade) and have been selling for $500k+. There are other TH's off of Kirby but they appear to be outside the Haycock boundary.

You may be able to rent a house in the area for that price range if it has been minimally updated -there were a slew of 1950s 3 BR ranch and the like, but many have been remodeled / expanded / torn down more recently.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:40 PM

Thank you all for your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia