Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:43 AM

617 posts, read 1,358,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo View Post
Thanks, for your very conclusive response. I am a female and it was on a bicycle. And there was no lying involved. How about them apples?
Due to lack of information, I can only conclude that you were biking while drunk. BUI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 11:56 AM

300 posts, read 607,763 times
Since it's Federal, maybe they're just running slow since the furloughs. I was waiting on some paperwork from another Federal organization, and they told me they hadn't gotten around to it and were short-staffed due to the government restrictions a few months ago.

You may still want to call and check, since they could still be running behind.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:19 PM

107 posts, read 251,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Hey, I told you it was just a guess - of course there's a greater chance I'm wrong than I'm right, but since you post very vague and curious information, what else is there to do but sit around and speculate?

Statements like this with no fuller explanation leave us all scratching our heads:
How about not speculate? It is not needed. The details of my ticket should not affect an answer to my question (s).

Old 09-25-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forehead View Post
Due to lack of information, I can only conclude that you were biking while drunk. BUI?
Again, the details of my ticket are not at issue. I am not going to entertain your ruthless assumptions but if you go on...

Old 09-25-2013, 07:29 PM

Thank you, kind members of this forum, for your thoughts on my question. I'll let you know what happens when I make that call. Funny that an incident on my bike would cause my licence to be suspended (the officer mentioned this important fact). They should have tied the ticket to my bicycle licence since that is the vehicle I was operating. Oh yeah, we don't have one. But, that issue is for another day and another forum.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:26 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,462,605 times
Quote:
How about not speculate? It is not needed.
But all your teasing statements make it oh so hard to resist...

Old 09-25-2013, 10:30 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,839,718 times
His job is to enforce the law...not to teach you a lesson...He's not a teacher...he's a cop...I would not take anything for granted...check things out to make sure you know what is going on...the last thing you need is to be out and about a year later to find out -there is a warrant for your arrest....I don't know what the laws are like state side but ....Here in Canada...especially if it is a criminal matter....A failure to appear usually results in a warrant being issued by the judge for your arrest...keep things clean and tidy...check it out.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:34 PM

13,142 posts, read 21,069,044 times
Quote:
Funny that an incident on my bike would cause my licence to be suspended (the officer mentioned this important fact). They should have tied the ticket to my bicycle licence since that is the vehicle I was operating. Oh yeah, we don't have one.
If you don't want people speculating or asking about the offense, stop chumming the waters! You are 100% correct that the reason for the ticket has nothing to do with your original questions, but if you comment of the 'reasoning' for the ticket or the 'officers actions' as if it's important to the subject, you're the one opening that door.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
His job is to enforce the law...not to teach you a lesson...He's not a teacher...he's a cop...I would not take anything for granted...check things out to make sure you know what is going on...the last thing you need is to be out and about a year later to find out -there is a warrant for your arrest....I don't know what the laws are like state side but ....Here in Canada...especially if it is a criminal matter....A failure to appear usually results in a warrant being issued by the judge for your arrest...keep things clean and tidy...check it out.
Compatriot, Oleg Bach. The laws are not much different here.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
If you don't want people speculating or asking about the offense, stop chumming the waters! You are 100% correct that the reason for the ticket has nothing to do with your original questions, but if you comment of the 'reasoning' for the ticket or the 'officers actions' as if it's important to the subject, you're the one opening that door.
Oh, and what fun would there be in reading my post without some backstory? None. It was not meant to be a 'teaser' for those who have nothing better to do than speculate.

I did not tell you that there were two police cars. The first one passed me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia