Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 11:49 AM

4 posts, read 4,117 times

Advertisements

What about schools close to East Falls Church Metro like Swanson & Yorktown?
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 07:16 AM

7 posts, read 9,196 times
If the East Falls Church home has a 22046 zip, it would be in Falls Church City and fantastic schools. If the zip is 22213, it is in the Arlington Yorktown HS pyramid which also has a great reputation. Tough to go wrong with East Falls Church schools. I also have concluded that it can still be a great investment. We all know the Silver line will do wonders for the area, but the development and buzz seem to not yet have caught up.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:52 AM

When looking for a home in Falls Church City (proper, as the last poster said), you cannot just go by zip code. Most of Falls Church City, as opposed to Fairfax Falls Church, is in 22046. However, there are some Falls Church City homes/condos in 22042 and 22043. In addition, there are many homes in 22046 that are in Fairfax Falls Church. I suggest to differentiate between the two localities and school districts, you look for homes serviced by George Mason HS and Mary Ellen Henderson MS. Or, look for an MLS# that begins with FA, not FX for Fairfax. Many buyers are looking for a home in Falls Church City because of the combination of small town, metro access and good schools. Currently, the George Mason HS and the very selective Thomas Jefferson are the only two Northern Virginia high schools ranked in the 2013 Newsweek's Top 100 high schools. George Mason is currently ranked #64 in the country. If you want to send me a private message with any other questions about Falls Church City, please do.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:11 AM

5,125 posts, read 10,088,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by largemarge View Post
When looking for a home in Falls Church City (proper, as the last poster said), you cannot just go by zip code. Most of Falls Church City, as opposed to Fairfax Falls Church, is in 22046. However, there are some Falls Church City homes/condos in 22042 and 22043. In addition, there are many homes in 22046 that are in Fairfax Falls Church. I suggest to differentiate between the two localities and school districts, you look for homes serviced by George Mason HS and Mary Ellen Henderson MS. Or, look for an MLS# that begins with FA, not FX for Fairfax. Many buyers are looking for a home in Falls Church City because of the combination of small town, metro access and good schools. Currently, the George Mason HS and the very selective Thomas Jefferson are the only two Northern Virginia high schools ranked in the 2013 Newsweek's Top 100 high schools. George Mason is currently ranked #64 in the country. If you want to send me a private message with any other questions about Falls Church City, please do.
Considering, for example, that many homes in 22043 and 22046 feed into the McLean and Marshall pyramids in Fairfax County, which are also among the best in NoVa and convenient to Tysons and the West Falls Church Metro, I'd take this advice with a grain of salt. There is certainly more to that area than the East Falls Church area of Arlington and Falls Church City.

Last edited by JD984; 01-18-2014 at 12:05 PM..

Old 01-19-2014, 08:11 AM

I was not attempting to address the other very good HS pyramids in the area- I have just too often seen buyers (and realtors) not understand the complexities of the various places that have "Falls Church" associated with them. Unfortunately, it happens regularly that a realtor lists a Fairfax Falls Church home as being in Falls Church City. Examples: FA8256040, FA8193879, FA4772462, FA2620962. Imagine buying or renting a place you think is in one district, only to find that it is in another. My intention was not in pointing out George Mason's current ranking (which you are correct that any ranking needs to be taken with a grain of salt) but to caution buyers about being complacent and not verifying MLS information themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia