Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2014, 01:06 PM

99 posts, read 190,369 times

Advertisements

Got this email a couple of days ago from Supervisor Frank J. Principi. FYI for those who are interested in attending

Quote:
The Department of Rail and Public Transit will be hosting a public hearing on October 8 at Belmont Elementary beginning at 6 p.m. I would invite all of the community out to give your feedback. The study does little for the residents of Prince William County as it only includes the portion of Route 1 from the Fairfax County bridge down to the Woodbridge VRE station.
Over the summer, DRPT met with Prince William County officials and I voiced my disproval with the parameters of the study. I also recently sent a letter to DRPT with a list of the following concerns that I would like to see addressed in the study:
  • Ensure the presentation materials for the October 8th Prince William County public meeting at Belmont Elementary School are tailored to Prince William County residents. This includes incorporating local information and minimizing unnecessary details related to statistics and other counties. Keep it simple.
  • Mention that the BRT curbside service highlighted in the study is feasible and recommended for Woodbridge.
  • Ensure the Metro Blue Line entering Prince William County from Fairfax County is acknowledged.
  • Note that parking for the future transit service should preferably be located on the east side of Route 1, adjacent to the VRE station.
  • Please express our concern that the legislative intent of the study was to include the Prince William County Route 1 Corridor in its entirety and that the current study limits the analysis to a 1/2-mile portion of Route 1 between the Fairfax County line and Route 123 in Woodbridge. The state funds used for the study do little for Prince William County tax payers. A study including the entire Route 1 corridor in Prince William County should be pursued in the future.
  • Regarding the Route 1 bridge over the Occoquan, please note the 3-year difference between Approach A: BRT Implementation Phase III: Fort Belvoir to Woodbridge improvements roadway widening (listed in the draft under the Implementation Timelines) and the CLRP, which lists the widening in 2035. This discrepancy needs to be reconciled.
Please come out and tell DRPT that you would like to see the study extended to Quantico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: