Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 07:11 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,245,294 times

Advertisements

I saw a really nice redone TH in London Towne. Another neighborhood to check out is Little Rocky Run (20121)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 04:35 PM

6 posts, read 12,748 times
Thank you for the advice. What about Leesburg? We both like that area a lot and it is close to her work. I can also transfer to the Dranesville area of Herndon in the future. 2 places we really like would be the riverside area of ashburn near GW and one loudoun and the landsdowne area of Leesburg. Thoughts on those areas?

Old 03-12-2015, 03:08 PM

336 posts, read 587,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCU2209 View Post
2 places we really like would be the riverside area of ashburn near GW and one loudoun and the landsdowne area of Leesburg. Thoughts on those areas?
Both are sadly above your budget. I suggest you look around Aldie & Stone Ridge areas. They are newer/new developments.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:22 PM

33 posts, read 46,353 times
How far out are you willing to live to have that yard in a nice area? There are areas in Aldie (Aldie proper, not Stone Ridge which carries the Aldie zip code), some areas in the Middleburg zip code - yes they exist! And if you're willing to go west of Rt. 15 even. I know people that commute to the Centreville area from Purcellville and even Round Hill just so they can have the 'backyard'.

We have a townhouse with a small fenced in backyard that we bought for 335k a few years ago in South Riding. Our neighbor has a boxer-sized dog that they let out every now and then. Most neighbors have small dogs - pugs and the like. It's not a huge backyard, but at least we got a one car garage and driveway for that price. I'll be honest - we have had to make some major repairs since we bought, but we can add that into the cost of the resale price if we sell.

We wanted to live in Loudoun County instead of Fairfax, so Centreville wasn't an option for us. London Town in Centreville has some sketchy areas - as does Sterling too.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:00 PM

531 posts, read 1,422,491 times
You can afford some stack/split style townhomes in Ashburn or Leesburg. Basically the townhouses have either three or four levels. Two units are split among these levels. You still have two levels to live on. These townhouses are usually newer and cheaper. The square footage is between 1700 and 2200 sqft.

Check Redfin for area codes 20176 (Leesburg) and 20148 (Ashburn) and you'll see them.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:24 PM

6 posts, read 12,748 times
Thanks again everyone for all the responses, you all have been very helpful!

I was looking in Centreville and I see some townhomes in our price range in the Newgate community. Does anyone have any information on how that area is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia