Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 10:04 AM

15,459 posts, read 25,900,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromReston View Post
Wegman's parking lot traffic pattern is just poor planning!!! They really need make the entrance/exit to Columbia Place nearest to Pacific Blvd an entrance only - sending all exit traffic up to Colorado Drive to make a left at the stop sign to get onto Columbia Place.
I was just thinking the same thing this morning when someone tried turning left in front of me as I was leaving this morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 01:08 PM

540 posts, read 792,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCNova View Post
They do it by household income. Wealthy areas in Arlington, Vienna, Mclean, etc have lots of SAHMs too. I think what really knocks Arlington down the list is like you said a lot more section 8, and also maybe density. A lot more younger people w lower incomes living in apartments. The trend is as they grow up and have a family a lot move west, and their incomes are also a lot higher by then too. But I would've rolled my eyes too, especially if the person was trying to brag
Yes, the median income stat is skewed by the demographics.

Fairfax Co. has 277k family households and 113k non-family households. 30% of married couple families make $200k or more.

Loudoun has 83k family households vs 24k non-family households. 27% of married couple families make $200k or more.

Arlington has 44k family households vs 51k non-family households. 37% of married couple families make $200k or more.

If Arlington had the same ratio of family vs non-family households as Loudoun does, it would blow away Loudoun in the median income stat.

Old 06-06-2015, 02:09 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,110,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout Zone View Post
Yes, the median income stat is skewed by the demographics.

Fairfax Co. has 277k family households and 113k non-family households. 30% of married couple families make $200k or more.

Loudoun has 83k family households vs 24k non-family households. 27% of married couple families make $200k or more.

Arlington has 44k family households vs 51k non-family households. 37% of married couple families make $200k or more.

If Arlington had the same ratio of family vs non-family households as Loudoun does, it would blow away Loudoun in the median income stat.
The term "skew" almost sounds like the person using it thinks something has been artificially manipulated. If you want to talk about median household incomes or net worths, Loudoun is going to come out ahead. That reflects who lives there and the type of housing in the county.

If you want to talk instead about percentages of married couples who are high-income, Arlington comes out ahead. If you wanted to focus on the total wealth in a local jurisdiction, Fairfax comes out ahead. It all depends on what you want to measure, right? There's always more than one way to skin this cat.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:00 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,518,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Are those data centers a secret? There's no signs identifying them. Anyways, Ashburn doesn't seem that crowded to me. The only times it feels like that are when on Waxpool road or trying to exit Wegman's.
Which Wegmans? Leesburg Wegmans or Sterling Wegmans

Old 06-06-2015, 09:00 PM

15,459 posts, read 25,900,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBrGr View Post
Which Wegmans? Leesburg Wegmans or Sterling Wegmans
Sterling. I've only been to the other one once. I don't remember it being difficult to exit there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia