Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 04:17 PM

9 posts, read 29,834 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone my husband and i just moved to Manassas 20109 zip code from North Jersey he got a job transfer so that is why we moved. I am looking for office type work and was woundering what areas south of Manassas could I look for work in or does anyone know of any temp agencies I could look into. I am trying to avoid having to comute towards the DC area but that is really the only jobs I have found online and I know nothing about this area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 04:51 PM

192 posts, read 263,956 times
Do you speak Spanish?

Old 01-24-2008, 05:32 PM

no I don't speak spanish

Old 01-24-2008, 05:40 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
Do you have any background with medical accounting or doing the office work for a dentist?

Check the ads in the local newspapers not the Washington Post. You can find them at the library. Manassas has a pretty good public library; ask the person at the reference desk, she might know of various local listings. For xample, city governments usually post the listings at libraries. Even if the job is not your dream job, it can get you by until you find something you like better.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:00 PM

566 posts, read 2,985,227 times
Get a copy of the Bull Run Observer. There are always a ton of office jobs posted in there for G'ville, Haymarket, Bristow and parts of Manassas.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:30 PM

Thanks for the advice I'll go check out the libaray tomorrow and look for a copy of that paper. My last position was a scheduling coordinator for a dentist office. I noticed there are a lot of dental offices looking to hire I just know that there is a company in Fairfax called MGE that trains dental offices in their mgt practices and I really do not want to go through them again once in my life was enough.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:28 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
I just happened to glance through the Loudoun Easterner, and saw an ad for a big job fair. Most of the jobs are probably too far north for you, but it's free and the companies might have some openings in your neck of the woods, too.

The job fair is next wed., January 30th at the Community Church (19790 Ashburn Road, near intersection of Rt. 7 and Ashburn Rd.)

Exhibitors include: Aramark, TRG, Potomac Swim School, Great Clips, Loudoun Schools, Chapel Valley Landscape, Air Wisconisn, Swissport, Knowledge Beginnings, AOL, Lansdowne, City of Herndon, Actual Care Home health, Sparks, Comcast, MV Transportation, Avon, Roy Rogers, Atttentive Care, US Post Office, LTD Data Communications.

In addition, the Easterner had an 8-page spread of want ads in the Employment section.

Exhibitors include

Old 01-31-2008, 02:44 AM

555 posts, read 2,702,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanbeard View Post
Hey everyone my husband and i just moved to Manassas 20109 zip code from North Jersey he got a job transfer so that is why we moved. I am looking for office type work and was woundering what areas south of Manassas could I look for work in or does anyone know of any temp agencies I could look into. I am trying to avoid having to comute towards the DC area but that is really the only jobs I have found online and I know nothing about this area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Try the local government offices. Prince William County Police, Fire, Schools etc. are always hiring. They have good benefits and pay pretty good as well.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,419 times
Default Looking for a job in the Manassas Virginia area?

For those of you that are looking for a job in the Manassas VA area, feel free to attend the job fair at Manassas St. Thomas United Methodist Church on

Saturday, May 16, 2009
9am - 3pm

The website is [url=http://www.mstumc.org]Manassas St. Thomas United Methodist Church[/url] - click on the job fair image for information.

The job fair is also looking for employers!! There is no registration fee for employers to attend. Tables, power, breakfast and lunch are provided to all employers. If you would like to attend the job fair as an employer, send an email to [email]mstcareerconnect@gmail.com[/email]. Set up begins at 8 am on Saturday May 16th.

See you there.

"Career Connect"

Old 05-08-2009, 03:50 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,242,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrovic View Post
Try the local government offices. Prince William County Police, Fire, Schools etc. are always hiring. They have good benefits and pay pretty good as well.
Have you checked these lately? Neither PW or Manassas City are hiring from outside with the exception of police officers and firefighters. the few jobs on the county site are only open to other county employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia