Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 07:02 AM

21 posts, read 67,291 times

Advertisements

Anyone have a recommendation for a realtor around the Quantico, VA area? I currently live overseas and will be stationed there in about 2 years. I'm looking to purchase a townhouse as an investment property and would like a realtor that is familiar with the area/market. My plan is to purchase and then rent out the property. Thanks.

Joe

Last edited by YoJoe; 01-25-2008 at 08:04 AM..

Old 01-25-2008, 12:33 PM

352 posts, read 1,594,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJoe View Post
Anyone have a recommendation for a realtor around the Quantico, VA area? I currently live overseas and will be stationed there in about 2 years. I'm looking to purchase a townhouse as an investment property and would like a realtor that is familiar with the area/market. My plan is to purchase and then rent out the property. Thanks.

Joe
Joe,

Prepare to be inundated with a gazillion private messages from the many Realtors who frequently this board. Make sure to do your homework and interview at least three.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:15 PM

21 posts, read 67,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knopfler View Post
Joe,

Prepare to be inundated with a gazillion private messages from the many Realtors who frequently this board. Make sure to do your homework and interview at least three.
Thanks for the heads up.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:42 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,769,620 times
Members who wish to make recomendations should use the Direct Message system to contact the OP.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,462 times
I would consider looking at social networking sites like [URL="http://www.topmetroagent.com"]www.topmetroagent.com[/URL]

Old 08-05-2008, 04:38 PM

822 posts, read 3,008,829 times
I found my realtor through an official referral (I have a relative who is a realtor in another state who did the official thing that realtors do). I guess it then becomes classified as a "relo"?? I was skeptical, but she turned out to be wonderful and the stakes were higher for her because - apparently - my relative would then give her an official review in some place only realtors access. Something like that. She told me that is always the way to go (if you can, and it doesn't seem that difficult to arrange). And my relative received some sort of $, but he said it was enough to "take his family out to dinner". I'm not sure if they went to Red Lobster or Ritz-Carlton.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:18 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,968,855 times
To find an agent with special training working with buyers go to REBAC Home Page, there are 4 or 5 in the Quantico area. (REBAC stands for real estate buyers agents council). Agents right in the area will know the area better than someone 20 or so miles away.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:22 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,331,771 times
Of course the OP will get a lot of messages from realtors...he asked for them! ANyway, I have found realtors several ways (we have bought and sold a lot) One was from a referral from a friend-that wasn't great. Another was from a relo company-he wasn't great either. Another was a co-workers mom-that was AWFUL. One was from me just calling around and talking to some agents and picking who I felt a connection with-that worked the best.
One time we used a new agent and she was WONDERFUL. She was very good at her job...she was eager to please, eager to learn. Another time we used a vet in the business and we fired him. He just wasn't that interested anymore.
My point is, there is no one way to find a realtor. I would check all sorts of avenues and ultimately pick someone you feel you will communicate well with.
Good luck!

Old 08-06-2008, 08:30 PM

84 posts, read 276,427 times
You sound like you are military. Are you involved with USAA for your insurance? They have a buyer's assistance program, whether or not you finance your loan through them. Part of the program is that they will help you find realtors that come recommended by other USAA members. If you don't like who they suggest, they will help you find someone else. Then, you get cash back after you close on your home, whether or not you got your loan or homeowner's insurance from them.

I'll PM you my recommendation. My parents had recently moved from VA, and they suggested their realtor, who they loved. She was busy with selling foreclosures, so she referred me to another realtor in the same office. Luckily, she was on the USAA list, so we can get our $950 cash back from USAA!

Old 08-09-2008, 08:09 PM

42 posts, read 125,675 times
Just buy in 2 years when you get here. Too many things change in life and the bank homes aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Also even if you get a "steal" the rent won't cover the mortgage.

So I'd say to wait.

Moderator cut: sig removed

Last edited by autumngal; 08-15-2008 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: sig and website addy are not permitted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia