Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 09:13 AM

620 posts, read 642,244 times

Advertisements

^^ and this guy doesn't get sarcasm ^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck-man View Post
^^^^ no, I think I do, and you clearly support me, thank you ^^^^
To be crystal clear ... no, I don't.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I have noted your expressed support and will consider you one of my allies going forward. God speed.
Still working on that reading comprehension, I see.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:03 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,305,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
One time, my former boss got pulled over for an 82 in a 45 on the FFX Co Pkwy near Belvoir. He was very straight up with the officer about being tired and in a bad mood. Cop appreciated his honesty and gave him a 64/45 ticket instead of reckless, even with an unclean record.
Again. People might be shocked how many breaks are given on a daily basis. Kind of shoots down the "revenue" argument.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:05 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,305,868 times
Quote:
I'll be the one on top of the prius.

Please don't feed the trolls.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:07 AM

271 posts, read 448,620 times
Quote:
^^ this guy gets it ^^
I lol'ed +1

Old 10-26-2015, 06:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,015 times
Dont Panic. You can extend the date on phone call to court house in case you are not ready for that date
Take Drivers improvement course from any approved DMV driving School, it costs around $70 but it will add +5 points to your driving record, so your auto insurance will not get hit as you can have 6 points minus in case you dont do it. Your driving record will stay good as well as you can tell the Judge that you have done that and you realized your mistake.
Take your driving record with you in the court, if it is good it will help further. Judge can reduce the charge to lower speeding or can even make it non moving violuation.
BEst of luck.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:12 AM

6 posts, read 12,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farhanc View Post
Dont Panic. You can extend the date on phone call to court house in case you are not ready for that date
Take Drivers improvement course from any approved DMV driving School, it costs around $70 but it will add +5 points to your driving record, so your auto insurance will not get hit as you can have 6 points minus in case you dont do it. Your driving record will stay good as well as you can tell the Judge that you have done that and you realized your mistake.
Take your driving record with you in the court, if it is good it will help further. Judge can reduce the charge to lower speeding or can even make it non moving violuation.
BEst of luck.
I' m wondering if I go to the court the Judge may change the ticket to RD and say 20 miles over should've been RD and not speeding. Can the Judge do that? I read somewhere in the RD thread that someone was racing and he got the speeding ticket and the concern there was the Judge could change the charge to racing. Wasn't sure what happened there.

After reading everything I'm thinking of paying the ticket and not going to court and take a driving class to reduce the points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia