Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2015, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 837 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am trying to decide between these two locations to live at as a single professional who is about to move into the area. They are relatively close to one another, so I'm mainly interested in figuring out the pros/cons of the community and apartment units themselves.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 05:40 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,779,199 times
Both can have their problems with parking. I lived nearby off Yokaum and it is extremely tough to find parking after 7-8 pm. Key Towers is especially close to a low-income complex on S Whiting St. EOS 21 is very close to S Reynolds St which I remember seeing on Alexandria crime reports quite often. Personally I'd just flip a coin since these two are two sides of the same coin or whichever one is cheaper.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:28 AM

153 posts, read 173,884 times
Both complexes are located in a congested part of western Alexandria with considerable socioeconomic and demographic diversity. That area is marked by dense suburban sprawl, and it's not particularly desirable relative to other areas in the region. With that said, crime in the area is usually petty; serious offenses are generally confined to a couple of specific problem complexes.

I don't think you'll find much difference between Key Towers and EOS-21, except that Key Towers is high-rise apartment living and EOS-21 is garden-style apartment living. I lived in EOS-21 (then called The Alexandria) when I first moved to the area 15 years ago. It had a free shuttle to the Metro, and I could walk across Van Dorn Street to the grocery store, CVS, and the gym. It was fine for a couple of years as I established my career and got a greater sense of the surrounding region.

Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: