Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 04:21 PM

7 posts, read 7,638 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating from TX to VA this summer and need help. I will like rent in the Mosaic District while working in Falls Church. I need to find a wonderful, scholastic and wholesome school for my 2 year old twins boys. They are currently in Montessori school in TX, but I am open to other schools as long as they are not simply daycares. Structure is important to me. Price is too, although I can be flexible for the right school. I am hoping to spend less than 2500/month for both kids. Bonus points if they send pics through the day or have a live feed. That's what I'm used to in TX. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 09:19 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,157,380 times
I'm not familiar with that exact area but overall in NOVA, there are waiting lists for quality daycares. There are very interactive ones but I doubt they call themselves schools when we're talking about 2 year olds. However, there are many that have a structured curriculum and every one that we looked at did have a structured classroom.

We went with a robust daycare in crystal city that was over $2k per month but don't know the pricing for 2 children. Farther out, the rates dropped but the quality was even better. Unfortunately even being here, we initially selected the wrong daycare and had to wait a couple months for the higher quality daycare. Hope that someone more familiar with falls church can chime in here.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:29 AM

2,189 posts, read 3,329,497 times
You probably won't be able to get 2 kids in Montessori for under $2,500. They tend to be pretty pricey. Your budget is doable though. Our kids have gone through St Lukes preschool in Falls Church, although its really much closer to Tysons than a lot of parts of Falls Church. They do not have a live feed although they do supply lunch which a lot of places don't do. We were also on a budget and liked their structure/curriculum. They are a church based program but don't push the religion aspect much(we aren't religious and suspect many of the people who put their kids there aren't as well).

The church based preschools are generally the cheapest daycares from what we found, but still offered more structure than a home based daycare would(which is probably the absolute cheapest option).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia