Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 03:56 PM

4 posts, read 3,480 times

Advertisements

Immediately looking for some new baseball players for the 2016 season. We have a couple practices coming up over the next 4 or 5 weeks and we have a few spots we need to fill. Here is a little about our league and our team...

League:
Metal Bat/BBCoR (can use wood, but why?)
Competitive league and in the most competitive division
Mainly play on Sundays. A couple weeknight games
Games are played mostly in Loudoun and a few games in Fairfax
There are league and uniform costs

Team:
Looking for guys 23-35
Main need is PITCHERS
Couldn't hurt to have another good catcher too
IF/Utility with good bat needed
We lost a few guys to moves...looking to fill about 6 spots
We have a lot of fun and we have a good group of guys, but we're not the kind of team or league that needs guys with little experience...we do play competitive and we play to win. We have a couple former minor-leaguers and a few former college players on our team. The rest were very good varsity HS and summer league players. This is Baseball...if you ask "is it fast pitch"...don't bother responding, this isn't for you.

If you are interested, please get in touch with me with your level of interest and positions played as well as most recent baseball experience, and I can fill you in on all the information regarding the team, the league, the level of competition and everything else you'd need to know. If you don't think this is for you, but know someone who wants to play, pass this along to them. We have spots to fill and I need to finalize the roster ASAP...season starts in just over a month. Hope to hear from some good ballplayers soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 04:04 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,288,750 times
Come on. Show some love for us older guys who love to play. At 57 I'm sure I can still play. Although the arthritis in my right shoulder makes throwing difficult and the bad knees slow me down.

Never mind, I'll just be bench warmer.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:13 AM

617 posts, read 1,359,598 times
Man, I missed their cutoff by one year, I guess us 36 year olds aren't allowed. And I even pitched varsity and played Men's league during college...I wonder if this is the same league?

No matter, I'm dealing with a variety of shoulder and elbow issues that I'm pretty sure are related to my earlier career, and I haven't thrown a ball in 10 years. My arm would probably fly off if I tried.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:03 PM

We'll take 36. I'm actually older than you (and still pitching). Actually, I'll take a look at anyone who says they can pitch.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayBall30 View Post
We'll take 36. I'm actually older than you (and still pitching). Actually, I'll take a look at anyone who says they can pitch.
Well I can pitch but it would be ugly.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:39 AM

28 posts, read 31,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Come on. Show some love for us older guys who love to play. At 57 I'm sure I can still play. Although the arthritis in my right shoulder makes throwing difficult and the bad knees slow me down.

Never mind, I'll just be bench warmer.
55 in April.......I feel ya! I'd love to play, and believe I can....but sure as hell better be taped up, and have the EMT's at the field!

Old 02-29-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesRAH View Post
55 in April.......I feel ya! I'd love to play, and believe I can....but sure as hell better be taped up, and have the EMT's at the field!

At least oxygen.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:31 PM

The league I play in has a 55+ division as well.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:01 AM

7 posts, read 5,002 times
what is the standard of "fast" pitcher? How about 63-65mile?

I'm not sure what the standard of good pitcher is of your team considering some minor leaguers

Old 03-19-2016, 08:39 AM

I'd say the average speed of pitchers in our division is low to mid 70's. A couple guys can still hit the mid to upper 80's. A few junkballers who don't get above mid to upper 60's. But the average I'd say is low to mid 70's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: