Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 06:28 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,603,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd888 View Post
1. The officer will say he saw you driving in the bus lane....and you will lose. I'd just mail this one in.
2. So you were trying to beat traffic by riding the must turn right lane and then cutting back over at the last moment? Ya you're gonna lose this one too. Was it on Braddock Rd? They nail people for this all the time by George Mason.

I doubt a lawyer can do much with your cases as failure to obey is already the min point violation so to do any better you'd have to get it amended to something without points. You can go to court and they'll lower the fines for you since you have a good record, but getting out of the points, even with a lawyer...very difficult and unlikely in Fairfax County.

Maybe try using lanes for what they are actually labeled for in the future hmm?
Not worth it. You are +7 should not do much. you can always go to a class and get another +3 points.

Have you ever been to FFCourthouse ? If you plead innocent you go last - figure 3-4 hours + and parking. Frankly is not worth it for anything less than Reckless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 06:40 AM

2,768 posts, read 3,549,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvVA View Post
Thank you for your eye opening answer. I know you meant sarcastic.

My point was that bus lanes are usually well marked (sometimes with double line), no one can make mistakes.

What is the point in going to the court and contest? On what ground? It doesn't make sense.
Bus lane violation and changing lanes at the last second? The OP screams aggressive driver that is pulling every trick in the book to beat traffic.

He probably deserves the book thrown at him to learn a lesson.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:26 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,438,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Have you ever been to FFCourthouse ? If you plead innocent you go last - figure 3-4 hours + and parking. Frankly is not worth it for anything less than Reckless.
I agree it's not worth it, but pleading not guilty doesn't mean you go last. For that particular officer yes, but not for the entire docket. Yes I've been there and I have seen some judges push cases to the end, but mostly it seems to be done by officer. You are much more so at the mercy of what order the officers are called in and how available interpreters are.

With a good record even if found guilty they'll still knock the fine down to like $25 and it is your right to go in there and fight it regardless. Might be worth it to some people.

+5 is the most points you can get. OP has yet to post again in this thread anyway - agreed that the assessment he's an aggressive driver is much more likely than a "oops I'm in the wrong lane" thing.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:52 AM

15,475 posts, read 25,944,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
#2 seems like a grey area, unless the OP floored it then cut somebody off... what if someone makes an honest mistake and wants to get back over into one of the regular, "go-straight" lanes?

Happens to me all the time where I'm driving along in the right-hand lane, then it becomes a "Right Lane Must Turn Right" situation and I have to get back over hoping someone will be nice enough to let me in.
I'm sure the cops hear that all of the time. "Officer, it was an honest mistake!" I notice that in the places they enforce #2 the most, that they are in a place where it is impossible to claim that. Some those lanes are marked very early. The sit way down at the end and catch those who ignored the markings or signs to try and pass people up on the right before cutting in. By the time they get caught, there was plenty of time to move over.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:25 AM

529 posts, read 754,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomason View Post
Bus lane violation and changing lanes at the last second? The OP screams aggressive driver that is pulling every trick in the book to beat traffic.

He probably deserves the book thrown at him to learn a lesson.
I don't deny that. I agree to the same thing. What puzzled me was that how did he miss the bus lane sign. That seems like a deliberate thing to do to ignore that sign.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:44 PM

3 posts, read 4,277 times
Thanks for the responses.
I will try and explain both scenerios. The first one is where there is an entrance to the no-toll road on dulles east bound(towards Tysons).The red bar to the entrance of the no toll was broken and there was traffic on straight road so I went through the no toll.
For the 2nd one, there are back to back right must turn right lanes with small intersection between but there was a car broken down on the 2nd one so I made the left, else I would have continued straight with no issues.
Thing is I moved to this area about 4 months ago and learnt that this city is bad (too many cops)as far as traffic goes.

You think lawyers could help for any situation?

Thanks again in advance

Old 03-08-2016, 01:48 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,305,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vavs View Post
I will try and explain both scenerios. The first one is where there is an entrance to the no-toll road on dulles east bound(towards Tysons).The red bar to the entrance of the no toll was broken and there was traffic on straight road so I went through the no toll.
For the 2nd one, there are back to back right must turn right lanes with small intersection between but there was a car broken down on the 2nd one so I made the left, else I would have continued straight with no issues.
Thing is I moved to this area about 4 months ago and learnt that this city is bad (too many cops)as far as traffic goes.

Thanks again in advance

LOL at this one. If you knew how many officers are out there at any given time you might be shocked. I guarantee it's much lower than one might expect.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:25 AM

179 posts, read 300,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vavs View Post

Thanks again in advance
I know exactly where you are talking about...near the Hunter Mill exit. What makes you think you are not guilty of this? It is clearly signed busses only. Guilty as charged.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:25 AM

2,189 posts, read 3,329,497 times
Too many cops is only an issue if you're breaking the law

Old 03-08-2016, 06:08 AM

15,475 posts, read 25,944,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle4Life View Post
I know exactly where you are talking about...near the Hunter Mill exit. What makes you think you are not guilty of this? It is clearly signed busses only. Guilty as charged.
Does he mean he took the left "exit" for buses to move from the toll lanes to the airport lanes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia