Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2016, 05:02 AM

449 posts, read 496,923 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for an apartment in Alexandria and have done a lot online searching and some on the ground searching. I have one apartment in mind which I like but would like to have more options.

Can some of you recommend some apartments in Alexandria (preferably in or near Old Town) that also happen to be near I-495?

I'm looking for a 1BD/1BR my budget is $1450 and below. Would really prefer to find something in the $1200's or $1300s.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 07:07 AM

39 posts, read 41,045 times
Carlyle Mill might be in that price range if you want a studio, but I haven't looked at it closely.
Meridian at Eisenhower is nice, but might be out of your price range. Carlyle Place not as nice as Meridian, not sure if the prices there are out of your budget for a studio,
Reserve at Eisenhower might be cheaper, but it's closer to Va Dorn Metro station.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:20 AM

6,573 posts, read 8,433,092 times
For your budget, check out some of the apartments around Huntington. Alexandria address but in Fairfax County. Outside the Beltway but close and easy to get to 495 and Old Town (and walkable to the metro station).

Old 07-26-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
For your budget, check out some of the apartments around Huntington. Alexandria address but in Fairfax County. Outside the Beltway but close and easy to get to 495 and Old Town (and walkable to the metro station).

What about the Heritage at Old Town? Have you heard anything good or bad?

I've read those apartments near Huntington have some pretty bad issues (poor maintenance, lack of hot water, insects, and dirty) with them after reading reviews on several different sites. But I may just check it out and see for myself.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildParrot View Post
Carlyle Mill might be in that price range if you want a studio, but I haven't looked at it closely.
Meridian at Eisenhower is nice, but might be out of your price range. Carlyle Place not as nice as Meridian, not sure if the prices there are out of your budget for a studio,
Reserve at Eisenhower might be cheaper, but it's closer to Va Dorn Metro station.
They all seem to be running a 1BD at $1,600-$1,700+ a month, rip-off prices. For that price they better serve me at least a 3-star breakfast Mon-Fri.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:18 AM

6,573 posts, read 8,433,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
What about the Heritage at Old Town? Have you heard anything good or bad?

I've read those apartments near Huntington have some pretty bad issues (poor maintenance, lack of hot water, insects, and dirty) with them after reading reviews on several different sites. But I may just check it out and see for myself.
I've not heard anything either way about Heritage at Old Town. Something to keep in mind about reviews - most people who are happy with the apartment complex aren't going to leave a review. Apartment reviews are usually made by those who are looking for someplace to vent.

Are you saying that all the apartment complexes around Huntington have bad ratings? I know someone who lived at the Huntington Club apartments for a couple of years, and I don't recall them having any complaints. The apartment was small and dated but it worked for them and their budget.

Have you looked at Riverside Apartments? Seems to have an okay rating and within your budget for a 1/1.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:05 PM

I found an apartment I liked in Old Town. Thanks everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia