Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 07:53 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,515,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
N/B in the afternoons, barring an incident, is certainly not heavier than S/B.
I drive this every day and there are many times it is backed up. Cherry Blossom season is particularly nasty.

I will say that on the day in question there seemed to be some kind of backup on C St. SW where police were directing traffic there due to construction and it caused a backup onto 14th st. I am not sure if that was the whole issue but it was particularity nasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 08:25 AM

857 posts, read 851,445 times
Eh, not sure how you figure there is more NB vs. SB traffic; as a frequent 95 commuter I would have to strongly disagree with that. SB is way way worse. There is definitely some traffic heading NB on weekday afternoons but by all means nowhere near the amount going SB with the latter looking like a parking lot on a regular basis.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedvedActual View Post
Eh, not sure how you figure there is more NB vs. SB traffic; as a frequent 95 commuter I would have to strongly disagree with that. SB is way way worse. There is definitely some traffic heading NB on weekday afternoons but by all means nowhere near the amount going SB with the latter looking like a parking lot on a regular basis.
I personally rarely have a problem south bound on 395 before Washington BLVD and can look over and see a parking lot north bound. YMMV.

Old 11-04-2016, 12:19 PM

857 posts, read 851,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I personally rarely have a problem south bound on 395 before Washington BLVD and can look over and see a parking lot north bound. YMMV.
Yeah, that is true for that part of the interstate but I was referencing the part south of the mixing bowl; really bad SB there while NB moves at a pretty good rate (afternoons). The mixing bowl to DC does seem to have it reversed though.

Old 11-04-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedvedActual View Post
Yeah, that is true for that part of the interstate but I was referencing the part south of the mixing bowl; really bad SB there while NB moves at a pretty good rate (afternoons). The mixing bowl to DC does seem to have it reversed though.
I never go that far. Driving to the Landmark Mall exits is too much for me.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:05 PM

26,711 posts, read 41,904,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I never go that far. Driving to the Landmark Mall exits is too much for me.
It took me 5-10 minutes to get off the Beltway to get off at Edsall on 395 N yesterday. I'm going to seriously start looking for Black barbershops closer to 66.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
It took me 5-10 minutes to get off the Beltway to get off at Edsall on 395 N yesterday. I'm going to seriously start looking for Black barbershops closer to 66.
There will be plenty in DC. Other than that I would check near the military bases.

There is also Top Class Barber Shop at 102 E Annandale Rd which I am assuming is a "black" barbershop. It is close to Rt. 50 and a straight shot down Annandale Rd.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:07 AM

5,759 posts, read 10,762,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
There are a couple on Lee Highway in Arlington.

I was on 95N yesterday just after 5PM. Flowing fine until around the Bowl, so I bailed onto the Beltway toward Tysons and then 66E. 66 inbound is also (oddly) backed up at that time, but it was overall faster than taking 95N to Arlington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia