Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 03:08 PM

406 posts, read 625,354 times

Advertisements

Have you looked at Kingstowne?

We have condos under $300k with walking trails for your dog. Plus, we're only 7 - 10 car ride from the Springfield-Franconia Metro.

Kingstowne is located in the 22315 zip code. You can also find condos in a subdivision called Island Creek in a similar price range with similar amenities.

Congrats on doing your legwork in advance. This will help make your process go smoother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 07:21 PM

157 posts, read 218,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Walker View Post
Have you looked at Kingstowne?

We have condos under $300k with walking trails for your dog. Plus, we're only 7 - 10 car ride from the Springfield-Franconia Metro.

Kingstowne is located in the 22315 zip code. You can also find condos in a subdivision called Island Creek in a similar price range with similar amenities.

Congrats on doing your legwork in advance. This will help make your process go smoother.
I have not looked into Kingstowne area at all yet. I'm adding it to my list of areas to check out. Thanks so much!

What would you say the condo fees generally range around?

Old 06-24-2017, 06:42 PM

Lightbulb Alexandria, VA 22315 Condos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkoreaus View Post
I have not looked into Kingstowne area at all yet. I'm adding it to my list of areas to check out. Thanks so much!

What would you say the condo fees generally range around?
Based on your price range, I think you'll be surprised by the amenities and creature comforts available with purchasing a condo in the 22315 zip code.

These stats were taken from the MLS.

$328.81 - Average condo fees over the past 4 years for condos sold in the 22315 zip code
$334.59 - Average condo fees for 2 bedroom condos
$287 - Average condo fee for 1 bedroom condos

Let me know if you have any other questions about the area. Play around with Google Maps.

Disclaimer: Data source MRIS.
This post does not create an agency relationship. Please consult with your licensed professional.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:18 PM

So Spring 2018 is right around the corner, and I've decided to up my budget to $450k. Any new condo/townhome complexes I should look into around Alexandria? I figure there may have been some notable changes/updates since I first started this thread in June 2017. Ideally, I'll be moving down to the area in a few months if I can find something.

I'm trying to get a better idea of the best value opportunities between Belle Haven and Potomac Yard within my new price range. Any local insight is much appreciated!

Old 03-02-2018, 07:48 AM

21 posts, read 24,952 times
Default What About Bailey's Crossroads

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...27_rect/15_zm/

There is a complex called Steppes Court or Charring Cross that have condo's in your original price range.

I believe the condo listed in the link about 3702A Steppes Ct # A, Falls Church, VA 22041 is already under contract but we are next to Holmes Run Park that many individuals walk their dogs. Condo fee is $200 a month. I prefer the upper level units and some of my friends like their bottom level units. I highly recommend that you hire an experienced local real estate agent even if you rent a place. Rentals here go for $1800-$1900 a month.

Good Luck!
Beth

Old 03-13-2018, 10:12 AM

Any update?

What did you decide?

Old 03-13-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Walker View Post
Any update?

What did you decide?
Abraham, I am going down to NoVA in a couple weeks to explore Potomac Yard, Huntington, Franconia and Kingstowne. Still trying to better understand what areas are seeing positive development and feel less likely to depreciate further down the road. Thanks!

Old 03-13-2018, 08:15 PM

Post Don't time the market.

Here's a chart I created recently to show the market increases in February over the past ten years.

You'll see that Northern Virginia has experienced an increase in sales volume increase in 8 of the past ten years. While this is an overall look at the market, you should brace yourself for a dip in sales volume and average sales prices.

Do not exclude the real estate market from natural price corrections. Investing in a home is considered a wise investment over extended periods of time. If you have time on your hand, you can wait out any dip and arrive on the other side in a lovely position.

My suggestion, buy because you have plans of keeping the property for the next seven years.

Renting isn't a bad option. Ask the people who purchase homes during the last market run-up. Some of those individuals are finally breaking even 10 - 12 years later.

Good luck with your search.

Update us on what you choose.

Onward,

AW

Disclaimer: For this report, Northern Virginia equals the 50+ zip codes encompassing Fairfax County, Fairfax City, Falls Church City, Arlington, Alexandria City.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Condo Suggestions for Alexandria (0K Budget)-lorton-home-sales-2008-1-.png  

Old 03-14-2018, 06:14 AM

Thanks, Abraham! I am planning to keep for a long time. Right now for me it's all about choosing that right location that is MOST likely to at least retain its value. I appreciate the trend analysis. And I shall update once I've chosen and made the move. Thanks again!

Old 03-14-2018, 09:04 AM

29 posts, read 28,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkoreaus View Post
Thanks, Abraham! I am planning to keep for a long time. Right now for me it's all about choosing that right location that is MOST likely to at least retain its value. I appreciate the trend analysis. And I shall update once I've chosen and made the move. Thanks again!
I can vouch for Kingstowne. My wife and I have lived in a condo there since late 2011. Very walkable, prices definitely under $300K and condo fees are $330 for our 2-bedroom, 2-bath unit. Home values have gone up since we moved here, on the order of 40% over 6 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: