Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 10:30 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,358,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Just don't be one of those people who expects to be allowed to cut in the security line because "my flight is boarding right now!" I always have an urge to trip those bastards as they shimmy to the front of the line.

Unless you are also cutting it close to your flight departure time, what's the big deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 10:52 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
Unless you are also cutting it close to your flight departure time, what's the big deal?
Because I don't like having to stand in line longer because others couldn't bother to get to the airport early enough.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:28 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Because I don't like having to stand in line longer because others couldn't bother to get to the airport early enough.
Exactly. Why is their time more important than my time? They can catch the next flight, what's the big deal?

Old 08-16-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Exactly. Why is their time more important than my time? They can catch the next flight, what's the big deal?

Oh c'mon! What if you have plenty of time before your flight? and experiences may differ, but I've really only seen this happen twice in the several dozens of times that I have stood in TSA lines.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Oh c'mon! What if you have plenty of time before your flight? and experiences may differ, but I've really only seen this happen twice in the several dozens of times that I have stood in TSA lines.
1. My time is as important as any other persons. A person being late does not make them more important than me or anyone else. Actually if it was important then they should have planned to make it on time. The very fact that they are late shows to me that it is not important to them so why should it be to me? The OP actually confirmed this IMHO because they do not think they should have to wait. Well why should I?

2. I do not have to explain to anyone what I will do with my time. PERIOD. If someone wants to cut line the obligation should be on them to ask everyone in front of them otherwise just get in the line like everyone else.

Last edited by Old Guard; 08-16-2017 at 12:16 PM..

Old 08-16-2017, 12:44 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
If I have plenty of time before my flight, it's because I was responsible enough to get there early, so that I could have time to go to the restroom, refill my water, take my time getting to the gate, sit for a moment at the gate, etc.

I didn't get there early so I could stand in line waiting for the irresponsible latecomers to rush ahead of me.

And it sounds like you've been lucky. I'm a frequent flyer, and I see it happen all the time.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
If I have plenty of time before my flight, it's because I was responsible enough to get there early, so that I could have time to go to the restroom, refill my water, take my time getting to the gate, sit for a moment at the gate, etc.

I didn't get there early so I could stand in line waiting for the irresponsible latecomers to rush ahead of me.

And it sounds like you've been lucky. I'm a frequent flyer, and I see it happen all the time.
I love the sentiment "OH C'Mon, why can't you wait?" when all the person who misses their flight has to do is wait. What's the big deal? LOL

Old 08-16-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I love the sentiment "OH C'Mon, why can't you wait?" when all the person who misses their flight has to do is wait. What's the big deal? LOL

Right, and the most you'd have to wait is probably 5-10 minutes, we're not talking getting held up by 20, 30 minutes here.

What an earth-shattering difference

Old 08-16-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:

What if they could be running late due to emergencies or unforeseen circumstances - not worth taking into consideration at all?

Old 08-16-2017, 01:54 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajont View Post
Leaving for Europe this Friday...flight leaves at 6pm and I leave work (Bethesda) at 330 pm, plan is to drive straight to the airport from work and not stop by home (which I live right by- usual commute home is 45 mins). i obviously will check in online, but am not sure how much time that will buy me as I will have a bag to check (don't have TSA pre-check). We have always gotten to the airport under an hour with zero issues for domestic flights. Am I truly pushing it here? Will be flying out of IAD, for the record.

Dulles normally does not have huge lines at security but it takes time to get to the gate + you have to wait to get your bag checked - normally goes fast.

Thing is, Friday nights are not normally busy but this is August - vacation month so you never know. Also if there is a wreck on the Access Rd then you are screwed. You can start checking the wait times at Security early on Friday and play it by ear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia