Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 11:17 AM

2,319 posts, read 2,169,630 times

Advertisements

For example, if relatives visit and would like to drive on 395 HOV (meeting carpool requirement: 3 or more people), can they simply use my EZ Pass Flex?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2019, 11:23 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baike View Post
For example, if relatives visit and would like to drive on 395 HOV (meeting carpool requirement: 3 or more people), can they simply use my EZ Pass Flex?

Thanks.
At the bare minimum you would at least need to change the car information on your EZPass account to match with the car that is using the pass. I’ve had the same EZPass flex for 6 years and it is on my third car now.

Old 11-23-2019, 11:29 AM

2,319 posts, read 2,169,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
At the bare minimum you would at least need to change the car information on your EZPass account to match with the car that is using the pass. I’ve had the same EZPass flex for 6 years and it is on my third car now.
Then can I add someone's car to my EZ Pass account temporarily?

Curiously, if two different classes of vehicles are added to same EZ Pass account, let us say you have a 2-axle car and a 6-axle truck, can both vehicles share only one EZ Pass transponder? If the two vehicles should have different toll rates, how the system charge the toll on EZ Pass account?

Thanks.

Old 11-23-2019, 11:50 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baike View Post
Then can I add someone's car to my EZ Pass account temporarily?

Curiously, if two different classes of vehicles are added to same EZ Pass account, let us say you have a 2-axle car and a 6-axle truck, can both vehicles share only one EZ Pass transponder? If the two vehicles should have different toll rates, how the system charge the toll on EZ Pass account?

Thanks.
No you would have to delete yours since the account only allows one car per transponder.

Old 11-23-2019, 12:48 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,428,918 times
Quote:
No you would have to delete yours since the account only allows one car per transponder.
Not right. You can use it on more than one car but they need to be the same class. Here’s the FAQ, I think it’s #40. https://www.ezpassva.com/StaticPages/FAQ.aspx#fortyone

We use one transponder in two different cars with no problems, other than making sure it’s in the car when we need it! They will even send you the Velcro needed to attach it in the second car.

Old 11-23-2019, 02:50 PM

57 posts, read 90,028 times
I’ve done it a lot. You can quickly use your phone to add the vehicle you are riding in to your EZ Pass account.

Old 11-24-2019, 07:03 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,424,853 times
This thread make me check my account and I realized I never added my truck and it's been two years

So obviously they don't care as long as the toll is getting paid. You could hand it to your friends to use for a couple days and you'll be fine. Also people that drive a lot of rental cars just take their ez pass with them too.

The point of the license plate is that if your transponder doesn't register they use your plate they know which account to charge (or else you'll get sent a violation notice).

Quote:
This couldn't be more wrong. You can literally add more vehicles to the same transponder right on the website.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:15 AM

989 posts, read 455,702 times
I have used my pass in other cars often. I have three transponders all associated with my three cars. However, my parents do not have an EZPass, nor does someone that I ride to work with occasionally. Whenever I ride with them, I always pull one of my transponders and use it in their car. Never an issue. I pay the toll of my account.

Old 11-25-2019, 06:37 AM

8,673 posts, read 22,905,462 times
Exactly, go to the website and add 2nd or 3rd car. I have had to add a rental car, and my son's car.

Old 11-25-2019, 07:06 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutter2d View Post
I’ve done it a lot. You can quickly use your phone to add the vehicle you are riding in to your EZ Pass account.
Do they have an app?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia