Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 05:54 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,843,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_woman View Post
Well, it's been obvious to me that anyone who says ANYTHING negative, even the slightest bit about Northern Virginia, gets attacked viciously on this form. So, I put some seriously negative stuff on here considering that I'm sick and can't sleep... and maybe in the spring I'll do some more of that and then again in the summer.

I hope reading this doesn't get your blood boiling with anger. And all of the other real estate agents, chamber of commerce representatives, appraisers, house flippers, and real estate investors all riled up. Feel free to attack me. I don't care. I have the flu and I'd like for anyone thinking of moving to NoVA to see how viciously angry people can get up there in Northern Virginia about nothing at all. Like I've always said, something in the water in Northern Virginia makes people angry. Or maybe they come out of the womb mad up North.
I've been negative at times about NoVa and people just debate me over those things. It's no big deal. I didn't see anyone angry at you. They just disagree. That's their right just as it is your right. I'm okay living here. It's not my favorite place. I have lived in 5 different locations around DC (3 in MD & 2 in Northern Virginia) . I've seen it all. Someday we'll move somewhere else. Don't let what others say get to you.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:12 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,256,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_woman View Post
Personally, I think that the cherry blossoms at the Tidal Basin in the gloomy D.C. spring are nice but the weather sucks every time I've visited or run that 5K and the crowds are awful. If you want a really charming experience, I recommend the roses in Atlanta in the "hot and humid, but oddly cool at the same time because of the frequent rain" summer.

https://www.exploregeorgia.org/thing...ses-in-georgia
This is why I cannot take you serious. You mention "Gloomy D.C. spring" and how the weather sucks every time you visited. Then you mention the roses in Atlanta with hot and humid but cool thanks to the frequent rain. So why do you like one and not the other? Wife and I have not been to DC for the Kite festival or Cherry Blossoms in several years but I have pics of some beautiful weather there when we visited. More than once. I'm glad you like where you live but my brother, who lives near you, said often the weather is very similar in both places and he's lived in the DC area for years before going to NC. And someone else already mentioned the sunshine factor is basically the same in both this area and where you are.

Old 02-07-2020, 08:39 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,652,683 times
Edit: dc_woman would be proud to know that she left an area that got tornadoes. Apparently, one touched down in Leesburg this morning.

https://twitter.com/TaxBases/status/...990229505?s=20

Old 02-10-2020, 01:30 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,735,121 times
As the thread has gone too far off-topic, I'm closing this down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia