Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 07:44 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,430,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSean View Post
Thanks so much for your inputs, I really appreciate them. I think I’ll take everyone’s suggestion and move to Arlington, I want to meet a lot of new people and would rather have the commute than be bored. Does anyone have any idea when phase II will be complete? I was hoping it would be complete by August but I guess things don’t always work out as planned
July 2020 is the target opening month for Phase II of the Silver line metro, so it should be up and running by the time you are settled in and ready to commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 08:26 AM

2,021 posts, read 4,611,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
July 2020 is the target opening month for Phase II of the Silver line metro, so it should be up and running by the time you are settled in and ready to commute.
That is not going to be happening- the date was already in question but there was an article in this morning's Post talking about further delays - but Metro GM Paul Weidefeld said he believes it 'could still open this year.' Another board member said it is unlikely to open this year.

Old 01-17-2020, 09:54 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,430,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
That is not going to be happening- the date was already in question but there was an article in this morning's Post talking about further delays - but Metro GM Paul Weidefeld said he believes it 'could still open this year.' Another board member said it is unlikely to open this year.
Strange considering the fact that the tracks, stations, and infrastructure are practically complete. I would be shocked it if does not open this year.

Old 01-17-2020, 10:50 AM

2,021 posts, read 4,611,712 times
Quote:
Strange considering the fact that the tracks, stations, and infrastructure are practically complete. I would be shocked it if does not open this year.
Practically yes but apparently with faulty concrete and a number of other issues!

Old 01-17-2020, 01:51 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,645,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
Practically yes but apparently with faulty concrete and a number of other issues!
LOL you were right.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...f6d_story.html

Old 01-18-2020, 08:32 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,889,151 times
Quote:
The concrete installer used the wrong amount of water mixing the concrete and the concrete is cracking along the extension (same for the HerndonMonroe garage which is cracking and sinking.} New date is 2022. To follow everything wmata metro, go to Twitter and follow
@unsuckDCMetro
@HakunaMetro
@HeadwaysMatter

Do NOT use the wmata/metro Tripplanner to track Trains. Its not accurate
Instead, download DC Metro Hero
[url]https://dcmetrohero.com/dashboard[/url]

Unlike most here on CityData, I actually ride trains

Old 01-18-2020, 04:09 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,377,607 times
The Next Train portion of WMATA's site is very accurate. It's the same info that is on the overhead signs at the stations

Old 01-21-2020, 05:33 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,889,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
The Next Train portion of WMATA's site is very accurate. It's the same info that is on the overhead signs at the stations
Nope. Its wrong a lot. Thats why you see DLY so often

Dcmetrohero is the way to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia