Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 10:36 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallystoppedlurking View Post
its always been this way... even moreso now that the malls are in a decline.

metro brings the fun to arlington... heck even eisenhower had fights near the theater.

that mall had a ton of smash grab run activity
Y’all are really naive if you thing OG thugs hop the metro from DC/MD just to commit crime in Virginia all the time and that is a sole source of crime spikes. I can verify that there are plenty of home-grown Virginians doing thug things in Arlington and it’d be the same way with or without metro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 04:34 PM

197 posts, read 166,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Y’all are really naive if you thing OG thugs hop the metro from DC/MD just to commit crime in Virginia all the time and that is a sole source of crime spikes. I can verify that there are plenty of home-grown Virginians doing thug things in Arlington and it’d be the same way with or without metro.
Bruh what? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKLCnGtZPf8

lets not forget.... i guarantee they didn't drive 95 south lOL.... and now cuz of the hotlanes they can't drive north.

yes... there are home grown Virginian thugs. But they aren't brazen enough to drive back to virginia imo.

and when i lived in woodbridge... stolen cars in our neighborhood ended up in triangle and PG county...

all to say that... most people who have lived and worked in this area know most of the crime comes from up north.

a manassas or sterling thug... really isn't going to drive to do that....

for example... this month.. year 2020... area rossyln.... perps from dc

awaiting extradition to VA...

Two D.C. Men Arrested for Rosslyn Vehicle Break-ins
ARLnow.comFebruary 14, 2020 at 2:30pm

Two men from the District have been arrested and charged with with breaking into at least three cars and stealing items.

The break-ins and thefts occurred earlier this month on the 1400 block of Key Blvd in Rosslyn. Arlington County Police say they obtained warrants for the suspects after “utilizing various investigative resources, including witness accounts and surveillance video.”

Last week ACPD revealed that 882 cars in Arlington had been broken into since July. Amid the ongoing crime spree, police are continuing to urge members of the public to lock their car doors and remove valuables from plain sight.

More from a police press release:

The Arlington County Police Department’s Property Crimes Unit is announcing 18 felony warrants have been obtained for two suspects responsible for a series of larceny from auto cases in the North Rosslyn neighborhood. Deondray Osborne, 30, of Washington D.C. and Raphael Osborne, 28, of Washington D.C. have each been charged with Grand Larceny (x3), Conspiracy to Commit Grand Larceny (x3) and Destruction of Property (x3). Both are being held in Washington D.C. pending extradition to the Commonwealth of Virginia.

The investigation determined that on February 2, 3, and 10, the suspects forced entry into three vehicles parked in the 1400 block of Key Boulevard by smashing the cars’ windows. The suspects then allegedly stole personal property, to include a purse, wallet and electronics, before fleeing the scene in a red hatchback sedan. Utilizing various investigative resources, including witness accounts and surveillance video captured in the area, detectives developed information on possible suspects. The suspects were identified and taken into custody by the Metropolitan Police Department on the evening on February 12, 2020.

The identification, apprehension and subsequent charging of these suspects is the direct result of strong partnerships and collaboration between the Arlington County Police Department, Metropolitan Police Department and Arlington’s Department of Public Safety Communications and Emergency Management.

Safety Tips and Crime Prevention Measures

Larcenies from auto are often crimes of opportunity with thieves targeting items left unattended or out in plain view. Members of the public are reminded to close and lock all windows and doors when you park. Pull on the door handle to verify it’s locked. Take all valuables out of your vehicle. If you must leave items in your car, place them out of sight – preferably in your trunk.

Report Information and Incidents to Police for Investigation

In two of these cases, alert members of the public reported suspicious activity to law enforcement or security personnel in the area after observing vehicles with broken windows. Community members are encouraged to remain alert for suspicious activity such as individuals who appear to be looking into parked vehicles or trying door handles. Report information for law enforcement investigation by calling the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.

If you are the victim of a larceny from auto or auto tampering, file an online police report or call the Emergency Communications Center

Old 02-22-2020, 05:19 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,289,993 times
Quote:

for example... this month.. year 2020... area rossyln.... perps from dc

awaiting extradition to VA...

Two D.C. Men Arrested for Rosslyn Vehicle Break-ins
ARLnow.comFebruary 14, 2020 at 2:30pm

Two men from the District have been arrested and charged with with breaking into at least three cars and stealing items.
r
Oh yeah. You found the real gangsters! Two dudes rifling through cars in Arlington

Yet no one has said anything about my own post up thread about a VA man attacking a child in DC...

Old 02-22-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffxdata View Post
Oh yeah. You found the real gangsters! Two dudes rifling through cars in Arlington

Yet no one has said anything about my own post up thread about a VA man attacking a child in DC...
one happens more than the other.... your comparing a solar ecplispe to the sun rising everyday. I don't think you will find another article or stub discussing a dude from VA jumping through a glass windows to choke and kill a child next week.... but i can expect to see more thefts and assaults attributed to DC natives in that time.

side note... that situation sounded very druggy in nature... and saying he is a virginia native... eeeeehhhhh... old boy appears to have been a springfield va football star a decade ago.... now he appears to have been riding around with his friends tweaking out....

"friends' that left him after he jumped out of the car under the influence...

definitely not breaking into cars and committing assault....

not even apples and oranges... but i commend you on the attempt.

For unknown reasons, he began strangling the child in a very violent way," Newsham said.

The witnesses came to her rescue and were able to free her from Augustus' grip.

The girl was taken to a hospital with injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening.

Augustus, of Springfield, Virginia, was riding in a car with friends when he suddenly got out, police said. He ran to the Capitol Hill Pregnancy Center at 7th Street and Maryland Avenue NE.

Employees had just closed the building for the day when they saw a man in his underwear acting strangely outside, Director Janet Durig said. They called her in a panic.

Augustus jumped headfirst through a narrow window of the building shortly before 5 p.m., police said. He fell into the basement of the building and dripped blood, the director said. Blood spilled onto children's clothing and toys that were supposed to be donated to clients. Instead, they will be thrown out.

The staff members who were inside the crisis pregnancy center at the time ran outside to escape, the director said.

Police say Augustus then left the building, ran two blocks east to 9th Street NE and came face to face with the little girl and her mother. He grabbed the child and put her in a "choke hold," police said.

Witnesses helped the child and were able to detain Augustus. They flagged down officers, who arrested him. He also was taken to a hospital.

Police believe Augustus was under the influence of a substance, D.C.'s police chief said. A toxicology screening is underway.

Augustus is charged with assault with intent to kill, first-degree cruelty to children and destruction of property. He's expected in court next week.

Old 02-22-2020, 05:59 PM

6,801 posts, read 4,243,396 times
I pay attention to the local news and read the crime reports of ACPD fairly frequently. The pattern is so obvious you'd have be willfully blind, in deep denial and likely motivated by some ideological agenda to not see it.

Old 02-22-2020, 07:06 PM

512 posts, read 442,715 times
The crime continues.

Carjacking suspect leads Arlington police on 100 mph chase

https://wtop.com/arlington/2020/02/c...100-mph-chase/

Old 02-23-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiSky View Post
The crime continues.

Carjacking suspect leads Arlington police on 100 mph chase

https://wtop.com/arlington/2020/02/c...100-mph-chase/
.......The Honda was last seen running a red light and heading toward D.C. on I-395 at over 100 mph.

The robberies are part of a rash of car thefts and attempted thefts in the Pentagon City area since late January. Three other robberies and car jackings took place from Jan. 19 through Feb. 4. In two incidents, the suspect stole the victim’s car, and in another, their cellphone.

I used to work around there... i think the thugs have figured out the majority of the workers in that area aren't packing heat. Even the DEA workforce... most of them aren't.

Scary...

Thoughts also go to when the silver line opens up in Ashburn.. i pray Loudoun doesn't deal with this nonsense. THey get enough activity from the toll road thieves.. hopefully surveillance is so high it is a deterrent.

Old 03-01-2020, 02:11 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,731 times
Quote:
.......The Honda was last seen running a red light and heading toward D.C. on I-395 at over 100 mph.

The robberies are part of a rash of car thefts and attempted thefts in the Pentagon City area since late January. Three other robberies and car jackings took place from Jan. 19 through Feb. 4. In two incidents, the suspect stole the victim’s car, and in another, their cellphone.

I used to work around there... i think the thugs have figured out the majority of the workers in that area aren't packing heat. Even the DEA workforce... most of them aren't.

Scary...

Thoughts also go to when the silver line opens up in Ashburn.. i pray Loudoun doesn't deal with this nonsense. THey get enough activity from the toll road thieves.. hopefully surveillance is so high it is a deterrent.
I can't predict the future, but I don't think it will be too much of a problem. I don't picture a lot of people taking that long metro ride out to Loudoun to go rob people and take a long metro ride back. Just a thought, I would be more concerned with the locals around the Ashburn area that have criminal intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia