Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2021, 12:05 PM

7 posts, read 6,102 times

Advertisements

I am looking for an experienced hair stylist in northern VA/DC for my short (ear length), curly/wavy Caucasian hair which is difficult to style because of numerous cowlicks. I moved to Arlington just before Covid struck so I have not had a chance to scour salons as I might otherwise. Looking online it seems to be easier to find stylists for Black curly hair than for Caucasian, and few stylists excel at both because of the differences in textures and behaviors. The stylist/salon must be meticulous about Covid safety precautions. And, if the stylist also does Brazilian blowouts, all the better, but not a deal-breaker.

I know I have been very specific, but after a couple of bad experiences, I am getting desperate! Would really appreciate suggestions from people with similar hair and good stylists. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2021, 12:54 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,134,378 times
Yaffa Amir at Noufal in Tysons. She is fantastic with curly hair.

https://noufalhaircolorstudio.com/

Old 01-15-2021, 03:31 PM

TY for your quick response and suggestion of Yaffa Amir.

Old 06-25-2022, 02:25 PM

I still am looking for an experienced hair stylist in northern VA/DC for my short (chin length), curly/wavy Caucasian hair which is difficult to style because of numerous cowlicks. I moved to Arlington just before Covid struck so I have not had a chance to scour salons as I might otherwise. Looking online it seems to be easier to find stylists for Black curly hair than for Caucasian, and few stylists excel at both because of the differences in hair textures and behaviors.

The stylist/salon needs to be meticulous about Covid safety precautions, and the stylist MUST BE WILLING TO LISTEN. If (s)he also is expereinced in Brazilian Blowout, all the better, but not a deal-breaker.

I know I have been very specific, but after a couple of bad experiences, I am getting desperate! The last time I posted, I got only one response. I tried that stylist, but she definitely did not listen. Everything she did was exactly the opposite of what I requested..."I'm the professional, and I know better than you what you need." Argh!

Would REALLY appreciate suggestions from people with similar hair and good stylists. Thanks.

Old 06-26-2022, 10:42 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Well...I have thick, wavy, coarse and frizzy hair and I'm predominately Caucasian.

I go to a salon in Reston. The first stylist I had there did great work. She left the salon to open her own place in Ashburn. The second stylist is at the salon in Reston. She, too, does great work when it comes to hair like mine.

OP---If you want more info, send me a DM.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:37 PM

Liten --- I tried to answer your DM but was blocked from doing so as it says you have chosen to not receive DMs. Please change your settings and I will respond to you.

Old 06-29-2022, 04:53 AM

I thought I had. I think I corrected it now.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liten View Post
I thought I had. I think I corrected it now.
I just sent you a DM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia