Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 12:28 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Everything that has gone in there has failed.
Sad to say but there are cursed locations when it comes to restaurants.

For example, when Hen Penny came to RTC, they set up shop in a cursed location. The first time we went there, the manager was chatting with us. My husband pointed out that they were in a cursed location and wished them the best. Sure enough...Hen Penny is long gone. We'll see how long the current place in there lasts.

That said, sometimes a new restaurant sets up shop in a cursed location and they manage to break the curse. Bamian in Bailey's Crossroads has succeeded in that way. Before they arrived, one restaurant after another in that spot failed.

Still...I believe it's always best to keep that in mind when looking for a spot to open up a restaurant...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 01:31 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,914,521 times
For those asking what type? I'll post more when I actually land a spot. But annandale near there is a spot I feel works since 495 isn't far away.

And thank you for the support!

Old 04-14-2021, 03:05 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,894,802 times
Sign me up, even moreso if Colombian. Ever since Restaurante Monserrate closed off glebe road I've struggled to find my fix. A Latin fusion place opened in stonebridge in Woodbridge which is good, but always looking for options

Old 04-14-2021, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
Sign me up, even moreso if Colombian. Ever since Restaurante Monserrate closed off glebe road I've struggled to find my fix. A Latin fusion place opened in stonebridge in Woodbridge which is good, but always looking for options
See post #13.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:52 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,896,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Have you been to this one in Leesburg?

[url]https://www.restaurantji.com/va/leesburg/colombians-place-/[/url]

I sampled their food at the last Taste of Reston and it was quite good.
Its not open due to covid
They said they have a table open for a couple hours a week at a neighbor location for cash take out but its a hassle at the moment.
Ill be patient

Old 04-14-2021, 06:06 PM

Well seems most are going Columbian and sadly I'm nothing lol.

Ok so idea is Bolivian but with a twist. Many are located here in Nova but my plan is bigger than what you've seen.

But yeah once I get the plan going I'll let you all know. People keep telling me it's a bad idea, but some businesses started off during bad times and became staples. That's part of my vision.

Old 04-14-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
Its not open due to covid
They said they have a table open for a couple hours a week at a neighbor location for cash take out but its a hassle at the moment.
Ill be patient
It's too bad that they weren't able to stay open and use the takeout and delivery model. I'm sure that people would have ordered using some delivery service like Grub Hub.

Old 04-14-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
Well seems most are going Columbian and sadly I'm nothing lol.

Ok so idea is Bolivian but with a twist. Many are located here in Nova but my plan is bigger than what you've seen.

But yeah once I get the plan going I'll let you all know. People keep telling me it's a bad idea, but some businesses started off during bad times and became staples. That's part of my vision.
Yes, it is true that some restaurants opened up during the pandemic and have done just fine. Try opening up and offering takeout and delivery. Be sure to use more than one delivery company and as they say, if you build it, they will come.

Best of luck to you in your endeavor.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yes, it is true that some restaurants opened up during the pandemic and have done just fine. Try opening up and offering takeout and delivery. Be sure to use more than one delivery company and as they say, if you build it, they will come.

Best of luck to you in your endeavor.

Nah. The fees ubereats etc charge is insane . rather hire drivers myself

Old 04-15-2021, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
Nah. The fees ubereats etc charge is insane . rather hire drivers myself
Well...You'll have to make sure your insurance covers any accident the drivers might have...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: