Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2021, 09:32 AM

155 posts, read 131,938 times

Advertisements

Looking for next opportunity. Currently driving from fairfax to chantilly and its <30min. Moving into my new place in Herndon near frying pan and there's one opportunity in springfield. I did check googlemaps and it seems to be "30-50 mins" and ~25 miles. Just curious if it is more towards the 50 or 40?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 02:07 PM

1,475 posts, read 1,426,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioil View Post
Looking for next opportunity. Currently driving from fairfax to chantilly and its <30min. Moving into my new place in Herndon near frying pan and there's one opportunity in springfield. I did check googlemaps and it seems to be "30-50 mins" and ~25 miles. Just curious if it is more towards the 50 or 40?
Depends on the time of day. Long rush hour on the FC Parkway... Cars speed and tailgate.. Not as bad as 28, but I wouldn't want to do it. It could easily take 30 minutes between two points in Springfield.. Orange Hunt to Springfield Estates or North Springfield. Lee HS to Burke Lake Golf Course is very close to the distance of Lee HS to the Pentagon.

Old 06-25-2021, 02:16 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,895,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioil View Post

On a Friday afternoon rush? An hour probably.
On a Tuesday at 3pm? Probably half that if no accidents.
Also, there is a dead traffic month of August when lots of Nova takes vacay before school starts.
Come end August and Sept, traffic in Nova is an extraspecial mess as schoolbuses back on roads, kids and parents try to get to school, work, extra curricular activities, etc. then people get acclimated and traffic is more "normal"
Traffic is a no win situation here

Old 06-25-2021, 05:55 PM

1,475 posts, read 1,426,106 times
And something I noticed years ago living in the Bay Area, that now applies to Nova... some of the worst traffic can occur on the weekends.. Taken me an hour to get to the Beltway from Manassas on a Sunday morning. And the weekends from Thanksgiving to New Years.. just nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia