Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2023, 06:46 PM

15,175 posts, read 27,919,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You don't live in NoVA thus you aren't familiar as to what traffic is like around here. The major roads are constantly congested no matter what time of day (although in the wee hours, less so). It's not easy to move over for a deranged driver or to get out of the way of the police. IOW, it's not as simple as signaling one's turn then easily moving over.

You can pay attention all you want but if there is a deranged driver climbing up on your tail, moving over quickly isn't always possible.

If you think that all those people whose cars got hit are to blame for not getting out of the deranged driver's way, then you are really naive. Even if they all were able to get into a breakdown lane (assuming there is one), they still wouldn't have been safe from such a driver.
Couldn't rep. you again but Exactly!! He/She that posted such are living in some other world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2023, 08:57 PM

15,520 posts, read 9,222,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You don't live in NoVA thus you aren't familiar as to what traffic is like around here. The major roads are constantly congested no matter what time of day (although in the wee hours, less so).
Oh you got me figured out. I only drove a delivery truck in San Francisco for 15 years. But San Francisco has no traffic congestion, so I don't know anything about that. The streets in San Francisco are wide open all the time and they never have traffic jams like like you have in Virginia.

Old 08-16-2023, 11:29 PM

22,537 posts, read 12,106,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Oh you got me figured out. I only drove a delivery truck in San Francisco for 15 years. But San Francisco has no traffic congestion, so I don't know anything about that. The streets in San Francisco are wide open all the time and they never have traffic jams like like you have in Virginia.
And, your point is, what exactly? That you would somehow avoid getting hit when a deranged person is driving erratically? That you somehow can predict his/her next moves and manage to get away on a crowded roadway? SMH

Old 08-17-2023, 06:40 AM

18,969 posts, read 11,634,692 times
I don't think anyone in the "Cloudy Dayz vs everyone-else-on-this-thread" debate is going to budge.

Anyone want to talk about the stuff in posts 8, 13, and 18? Anyone? Bueller?
Posting Guide

Old 08-17-2023, 07:33 AM

948 posts, read 1,407,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I don't think anyone in the "Cloudy Dayz vs everyone-else-on-this-thread" debate is going to budge.

Anyone want to talk about the stuff in posts 8, 13, and 18? Anyone? Bueller?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe all of us on the NoVa forum can gatecrash C-D's Oregon forum and offer our informed opinions on such current topics there as "Oregon ends its 72-year ban on pumping your own gasoline"

Jeez, Oregon, were you proud to be lumped in with... New Jersey...as the only state in the Union whose inhabitants couldn't figure out how to operate a gas pump? Sheesh!

Old 08-18-2023, 08:31 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,228,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
If you get hit by a stolen ambulance with lights and sirens, then that's on you in my opinion. You got to pay attention and get out of the way of emergency vehicles.
If you look at the video, that doesn’t look like an ambulance either. The driver must have stole an ambulance after ramming into all those cars on 395 N around GW parkway.

Last edited by toosie; 08-23-2023 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: Edited out insult

Old 08-23-2023, 05:44 AM

15,467 posts, read 25,913,153 times
I was in Florida, I missed the fun. Anyone know what happened to the disappearing car, that was definitely where he shouldn’t have been? After he was hit, he vanished!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: