Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 6,044 times

Advertisements

Hi, We have moved in to the Herndon area recently. Can you please give a good and experience pediatrician name in the Herndon area.
My daughter is 3 years old.

Thanks
Sudha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 01:54 PM

523 posts, read 1,413,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vensudh View Post
Hi, We have moved in to the Herndon area recently. Can you please give a good and experience pediatrician name in the Herndon area.
My daughter is 3 years old.

Thanks
Sudha
Dr. Ilene Kasloff is one of the best pediatricians I have ever found.

Capital Area Pediatrics

Old 05-29-2008, 11:01 AM

199 posts, read 651,014 times
Thumbs up Peds

I think the Reston town center pediatrics is one of the best.Dr.Anthony DiPaola is excellent!! My son had some health issues and we got personal attention from him. It felt like a one man practise !!! Try to avoid the lady doc thr!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:13 AM

60 posts, read 349,436 times
I second the Reston Town Ctr peds. It's right outside of Herndon...

My son went there from birth to 5yo, but they dropped my insurance, so we had to leave... I'd go back in a heartbeat though! We would see any Dr there--I liked them all.

I've interviewed several peds offices since, and here are some things to note about Reston Town Ctr Peds:
~They have separate rooms for "sick" & "well" kids. Not just a different area (because we know germs know better than to cross that invisible line of separation ).
~Their on-call service is GREAT. There is a fee ($15, maybe?), but when a child is really sick, it's worth talking to a live nurse. They're also willing to fill a Rx during a weekend/holiday for something common like pink eye, and other places weren't willing to do that for us.)
~There are enough Dr's there that I've never had a problem getting an appointment.
~They do almost ALL blood work in house, and if not, the hospital is right across the street. *An odd note, perhaps, but I ran into that at a few other offices... I was expected to go to a lab for all blood work! With kids, this is a ridiculous expectation!

HTH

Old 05-29-2008, 11:17 AM

60 posts, read 349,436 times
Oh.. I used the Sterling/Countryside office of Capital Area Peds, and they were the office I 1st encountered where they a) wouldn't call in the pink eye Rx on Christmas Eve, and b) didn't do ANY in house blood work. Perhaps the Herndon office is different...

Old 05-29-2008, 05:07 PM

11 posts, read 61,839 times
Reston Town Center +1

My son was born in Reston Hospital and until we moved away in 2003 they were excellent pediatricians. I recommend Dr. Michele Susco if possible!

Old 06-15-2008, 08:32 AM

148 posts, read 627,075 times
Had excellent experience with Dr. Weinstein with all of my kids.
Virginia Pediatric Group, Ltd. / General Info / VPG Staff (http://www.vapg.com/general/general_staff_intro.html - broken link)

Old 06-15-2008, 06:00 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,725,245 times
If you're willing to drive to Ashburn, Dr. McDonald (McDonald Pediatrics) is wonderful. Been going there for two years and will not change doctors as long as we live in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia