Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 10:42 AM

3 posts, read 13,043 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Symphony Hill section of Vienna and need to figure out my new commute. I am going to miss my current half hour door-to-door commute - I live in Alexandria, just off of 395 and drive to work near the White House. I am guessing that my best option from my new place will be to drive to the Vienna or Dunn Loring metro station and take the train in. I need to be at work by 8:30 so I figure leaving the house at 7:30 should work. I know the parking at Vienna used to fill up by 8:45 - 9 but have no idea what Dunn Loring is like.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 09:53 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,353,861 times
Symphony Hill is a very nice area...I think you'll like it. I also work near the White House and live in the Vienna/Oakton area. I can make it in under an hour (desk-to-desk) at mid-day, but in the rush hour, I'd figure on a little over. The lots fill up a little later at Dunn Loring than Vienna, but if you need to be downtown by 8:30, you shouldn't have any trouble at either one, particularly during the summer. Come Fall when vacations are over and the kids are back in school, things will get a little tighter. You won't have much choice but to start out on Beulah Road in the morning. Once you cross 123 into the south side of town, there are several easy ways to get to Gallows Road, then it's a straight shot down to Dunn Loring. Or you could take Church Street to Lawyers Road, cross 123 onto Old Courthouse, then left on Nutley to the Vienna station. I use both stations depending on what I need to do either before or after work, but for what it's worth, I'd prefer Dunn Loring, all else being equal...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia