Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 03:11 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,699,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01va571 View Post
You would be wrong. Those photo's are of the Church Hill, Jackson Ward, North side Richmond Virginia.
Thats the Ghetto of Richmond. You picked Richmond's ghetto and post pictures and say thats what every part of town looks like.

Yes, very unbiased.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:17 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,976,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Those pictures of Richmond don't necessarily prove a thing. I can take some similar photos of here in Scranton, and they'd only comprise 1% of the overall city. You have a selective photographic eye, if I do say so myself. Granted I've never been to Richmond, but I can't envision the majority of the city to be as you pictured.
LOL, don't take anything those two say seriously. They enjoy yanking each other's chains.

After you move here, you should consider going down to Richmond sometime to check it out. It's a cool place, there's lots to do there, and it's very pretty in places. (Which, BTW, is also how I feel about NOVA.)

Old 03-12-2009, 07:18 PM

208 posts, read 1,218,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
Thats the Ghetto of Richmond. You picked Richmond's ghetto and post pictures and say thats what every part of town looks like.

Yes, very unbiased.
There's dumps through out richmond really, ive seen most of the city. Southside, northside, church hill, highland park......The fan area is alright, same with the short pump area. But seriouslly, it is a dirty area, you cant deny that.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
LOL, don't take anything those two say seriously. They enjoy yanking each other's chains.

After you move here, you should consider going down to Richmond sometime to check it out. It's a cool place, there's lots to do there, and it's very pretty in places. (Which, BTW, is also how I feel about NOVA.)
Ive been to Richmond......Would I live there? No.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Wow, you pick a few dumpy spots and call that Richmond?

Here:
A few photos of Richmond, Virginia- Part 1 - SkyscraperCity

I'm too lazy to post all the beautiful spots of Richmond, but that certainly looks nothing like where I live.
That yellow house is the ugliest house I have ever seen LMAO.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:30 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,699,564 times
Quote:
Ive been to Richmond......Would I live there? No.
If you dont live in in Richmond what would make you an expert on what it looks like? No one visiting even a few times can learn to see it for what it really is.

I have spent my entire adult life in Richmond. I have lived here 11 years and I have seen many more beautiful spots in Richmond than bad ones.

These are more pics of Richmond:
Richmond, Virginia - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/meadeskelton/sets/72157612735662908/ - broken link)

Beautiful Richmond, Virginia Photo Gallery by Meade Skelton at pbase.com

Richmond Then and Now Home Page

Richmond Then and Now - Page 1

Richmond has the most stunning architecture and it also has cool places like Maymont Park and Byrd Park, etc.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:38 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,743,613 times
Quote:
There's dumps through out richmond really, ive seen most of the city. Southside, northside, church hill, highland park......The fan area is alright, same with the short pump area. But seriouslly, it is a dirty area, you cant deny that.
Those pics aren't representative of the city/suburbs. You just found the worst pics you could find and posted them

Old 03-12-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
If you dont live in in Richmond what would make you an expert on what it looks like? No one visiting even a few times can learn to see it for what it really is.

I have spent my entire adult life in Richmond. I have lived here 11 years and I have seen many more beautiful spots in Richmond than bad ones.

These are more pics of Richmond:
Richmond, Virginia - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/meadeskelton/sets/72157612735662908/ - broken link)

Beautiful Richmond, Virginia Photo Gallery by Meade Skelton at pbase.com

Richmond Then and Now Home Page

Richmond Then and Now - Page 1

Richmond has the most stunning architecture and it also has cool places like Maymont Park and Byrd Park, etc.
Ok, thats great. I have been there dude I dont like the area. Just like I dont like Little Rock, Birmingham, Gary Indiana, Saint Louis, Baltimore. Like I said ive been to the major tourist area's so anything you have seen that you mention, I have most likely seen. Its nothing personal, I just dont like the area. I dont like Nova either. I do like a majority of NC, GA, FL ( which allot of people dont). Im not a Richmonder sorry.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceTheo View Post
Those pics aren't representative of the city/suburbs. You just found the worst pics you could find and posted them
Ok you damn cry babies here

Richmond Skyline

Another Skyline

The white house of confederacy

Downtown
http://www.lumis.com/photo/cache/66546162_8ae6891979-600x0.jpg (broken link)

Houses in Church Hill that typically sell for 2.5 million.

Cedar Street

Union Hill

Random City pic

23rd street

Old 03-13-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Those pictures of Richmond don't necessarily prove a thing. I can take some similar photos of here in Scranton, and they'd only comprise 1% of the overall city. You have a selective photographic eye, if I do say so myself. Granted I've never been to Richmond, but I can't envision the majority of the city to be as you pictured.
I wouldnt say 1% for Richmond city. A few blocks north of the Model Tobacco building there is massive abandonment. There are ten blocks between this point on Jefferson Davis Highway and it's intersection with Hull Street; that intersection is the largest in the south side of Richmond. On these ten blocks, nearly every building on this side of the road is abandoned, whether residential or commercial.

There are the North Ridge Apartments near Highland Park in North Richmond. Its a 114 unit apartment complex that has been closed.

Those are just some examples

There are nice parts of Richmond, but im not exaggerating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia