U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2008, 09:03 AM

2 posts, read 5,494 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Fredericksburg area and will be working close to the 95 & Rt. 3 interchange. We are looking for a neighborhood by good elementary schools with decent sized lots, (1/4 acre +) double sidewalks, and priced around 300k. Any suggestions on where to look?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 07:15 PM

5,402 posts, read 15,091,617 times
Both Stafford and Spotsylvania have good schools--as does Fredericksburg. Rt.3 can be a bear to travel on a daily basis. You need a good realtor to help you make your decision. Not that many neighborhoods in your price range will even have sidewalks around here! (This was the COUNTRY a few years ago!!!!)
Contact a Realtor to get the most "bang from your buck"!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:38 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,911,401 times
Check out Salem Fields off of Gordon Road. It is about 7 miles from the interchange, and has sidewalks throughout the community.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:08 PM

9 posts, read 22,687 times
Depending on whether you want to live in a more rural area or not, and the traffic you want to encounter during your commute can help you get started. Route 3 West tends to have more traffic due to more lights. If you stay on Route 3 east you'll be in a more rural area, with easy access to downtown Fredericksburg, and you only have to deal with the traffic if you want to go to the Central Park area to shop. There's also areas further south right off 95 that have nice neighborhoods as well. Most areas have good schools. If you would like you can contact me, I'd love to help you out!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:23 AM

218 posts, read 519,999 times
I have a friend who has a house in Stafford Lakes he trying to sell. I think its a 4 bed 3.5 bth one. Its behind University of Mary Washington....not sure about that area though. I heard its a preety big house and I attend school in the evenings at the Graduate campus of Mary Washington. The nieghorhood looks really nice.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:15 PM

3 posts, read 10,764 times
Hi,
I will also move to Fredericksburg, VA in 10/08. I have 2 children, ages 10 and 12. Can you please tell me the best apartment or townhome to rent with nearby middle schools that are highly rated? I am looking for a 3 bedroom, 2+ bathroom apt or townhome with maximum rent of $1300.
Thanks.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,295 times
Default If you are moving to Fredericksburg!

Hello Philbla,

If you are moving to Fredericksburg, I would check out some of the local builders. It looks like in your price range you can get a brand new house, in a brand new community. Typically builders are placed well, near shopping and such. Check out Ryanhomes.com. I know they have several comunities in the area.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>