U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 02:30 PM

11 posts, read 27,581 times

Advertisements

i'm thinking of moving to Arbors at Broadlands..Please let me know if it is a safe area...Thanks...Ashburn seems "nice",I'm moving from another state..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 02:39 PM

65 posts, read 248,295 times
Default I live there and love it

The neighborhood is really quiet, very nice area, I have a dog and feel very comfortable walking her at all hours. The apartments are great for the price,, I highly recommend it. Ashburn is a pretty safe and quiet community overall, lots of shopping centers and resturants.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:06 PM

50 posts, read 214,428 times
I live right down the street in a SFH in Overland Park and it is nice area, safe and quiet... They are across from the shopping center which I'm not sure if it gets any kind of noise with The Original Steakhouse when sporting events are going on.. But the area is nice.. You will like it..

Where are you coming from?

Old 10-02-2008, 03:48 PM

Cool Thanks =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlingtoncommuter View Post
The neighborhood is really quiet, very nice area, I have a dog and feel very comfortable walking her at all hours. The apartments are great for the price,, I highly recommend it. Ashburn is a pretty safe and quiet community overall, lots of shopping centers and resturants.
"arlington commuter" and"mom in Va",thank you so much for responding so quickly,i feel like i have 2 new friends in Va already,coming from a small town in Upstate NY..

Old 10-02-2008, 03:52 PM

Default to my "new friend" =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomInVA View Post
I live right down the street in a SFH in Overland Park and it is nice area, safe and quiet... They are across from the shopping center which I'm not sure if it gets any kind of noise with The Original Steakhouse when sporting events are going on.. But the area is nice.. You will like it..

Where are you coming from?
"Mom in Va",i'm new to this forum,didn't quite know,at first,how to write you back..Thanks for answering my question,now i feel better about possibly moving there...I'm from Upstate NY...I hope to talk with you again..Can you tell I like using icons?

Old 10-02-2008, 04:16 PM

50 posts, read 214,428 times
You're are quite welcome but unfortuantely we might be moving if my husband gets a job in Huntsville, AL... It's a great community to raise a family. Great restaurants, Clyde's (down Broadland's Blvd) on the other side of Claiborne Pkwy. The Original Steakhouse and Bonefish which is in the same shopping center across from Arbors.. We have tons of grocery stores in the Ashburn area such as Giants, Safeway (across from Arbors), Harris Teeter, Wegman's, Shoppers and Food Lion or wait I think they are Bloom or something like that.. Lots of medical practices in the area, Inova Loudoun Co. hospital down Claiborne in Lansdowne area (on the other side of Rt. 7) but warning: there is a proposal to build a 147-bed Hospital in Broadland's down Broadland's Blvd. on the otherside of Claiborne Pkwy so if this passes and they start building, you may hear the sirens and such.. to get to my house you go Broadland Blvd but this hospital is on the other side.. KWIM? Great Nature Center/HOA offices to take kids too. 3 community pools in the area, there is one in your complex not sure if you would get access to the community pools or not. To let you know about the restaurants in the shopping center across, there is a Thai, Vietnamese (sp?), Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Mederterianian, The Original steakhouse, Bonefish, an American type bistro, Wendy's, Subway, Starbucks on the corner and one in Safeway, and a pizza place and oh they are putting in a Bluz Brother's BBQ place where a Mexican restaurant used to be..

Old 10-02-2008, 04:28 PM

2,310 posts, read 1,920,446 times
Where are you moving from in upstate NY? I lived in Cicero...right outside of Syracuse. We now live about 5 minutes from where you are thinking about living. Ashburn is great...I really like it here! I like it better than anywhere we have been. Cost of living is a shocker, but other than that (In Cicero we had a beautiful 4 bed 2.5 single family with all the best upgrades and that home was $215K. We have the same home here except builder grade finishes and paid $525K. It's insane. (and we just bought in January...The people we bought it from paid $550K two years ago...we overpaid by about $20K, but we like it)
Anyway, good luck. We lived in an apartment here in Ashburn while we sold our home out of state...We stayed at Archstone Stonebridge apartments and it was nice.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:25 PM

Thumbs up to my fellow new yorker =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
Where are you moving from in upstate NY? I lived in Cicero...right outside of Syracuse. We now live about 5 minutes from where you are thinking about living. Ashburn is great...I really like it here! I like it better than anywhere we have been. Cost of living is a shocker, but other than that (In Cicero we had a beautiful 4 bed 2.5 single family with all the best upgrades and that home was $215K. We have the same home here except builder grade finishes and paid $525K. It's insane. (and we just bought in January...The people we bought it from paid $550K two years ago...we overpaid by about $20K, but we like it)
Anyway, good luck. We lived in an apartment here in Ashburn while we sold our home out of state...We stayed at Archstone Stonebridge apartments and it was nice.
Hi! twinmma,nice to hear from a fellow Upstate New Yorker! I'm from Endicott,right outside of Binghamton.Yes,the apartment price is shocking,compared to Upstate,but i'm so glad to hear that Ashburn is a nice & safe area...How long have you lived in VA?

Old 10-02-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomInVA View Post
You're are quite welcome but unfortuantely we might be moving if my husband gets a job in Huntsville, AL... It's a great community to raise a family. Great restaurants, Clyde's (down Broadland's Blvd) on the other side of Claiborne Pkwy. The Original Steakhouse and Bonefish which is in the same shopping center across from Arbors.. We have tons of grocery stores in the Ashburn area such as Giants, Safeway (across from Arbors), Harris Teeter, Wegman's, Shoppers and Food Lion or wait I think they are Bloom or something like that.. Lots of medical practices in the area, Inova Loudoun Co. hospital down Claiborne in Lansdowne area (on the other side of Rt. 7) but warning: there is a proposal to build a 147-bed Hospital in Broadland's down Broadland's Blvd. on the otherside of Claiborne Pkwy so if this passes and they start building, you may hear the sirens and such.. to get to my house you go Broadland Blvd but this hospital is on the other side.. KWIM? Great Nature Center/HOA offices to take kids too. 3 community pools in the area, there is one in your complex not sure if you would get access to the community pools or not. To let you know about the restaurants in the shopping center across, there is a Thai, Vietnamese (sp?), Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Mederterianian, The Original steakhouse, Bonefish, an American type bistro, Wendy's, Subway, Starbucks on the corner and one in Safeway, and a pizza place and oh they are putting in a Bluz Brother's BBQ place where a Mexican restaurant used to be..
Mom in Va,funny, you mentioned about a hospital,that's my line of work...Wow,lots of restaurants and i love Starbucks =)...What is KWIM?..When do you find out if you have to move to AL?...I get the feeling that people in Ashburn are pretty friendly,like you...Thanks again!

Old 10-02-2008, 07:51 PM

Smile Any more opinions about "Arbors at Broadlands"? =) From a prospective VA newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by titorom View Post
i'm thinking of moving to Arbors at Broadlands..Please let me know if it is a safe area...Thanks...Ashburn seems "nice",I'm moving from another state..
Thanks so much to all who have responded to my post,so far. Anyone else actually living at the Arbors?...I've read Apartment Ratings.com,but,some of them sound like they're just "made up"...This forum keeps it real..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia