U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 01:46 PM

33 posts, read 85,875 times

Advertisements

Guy is renting out 1 bd room condo at the Bryson at Woodland Park. Can anyone give me some information. I hear it is a nice area and some of the best. I have a motorcycle and they don't have garages but they do have a apartment deck. Are there usually any issues with vandalism of property like that or it being stolen?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 PM

22 posts, read 80,333 times
In this condo in Herndon? If so, that's a very nice area and really convenient to the Toll Road and Fairfax County Parkway. I don't know much about motorcycles being stolen from that complex -- it's gated, so that might help. I do know that motorcycles are frequently stolen from the nicer complexes in Reston -- those in the Town Center area seem to be hit a lot. Just some initial thoughts.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:26 PM

241 posts, read 946,929 times
Post a former renter

We rented a condo in Bryson for 6 months, just moved out in July this year. Its a safe community as its gated. Great location, there's a Harris Tetter across the street, at walking distance, a Starbucks, Moe's, Panera, etc. Very nice location to get on the Toll road or Rt. 28.

They do have covered garages and each condo has its own assigned garage space(s). Residents cannot park in visitor's spots, if they do they get towed. If you're planning on renting there, make sure you get a garage space. Talk to your landlord, he maybe renting the space out to someone else to earn some money. If I were you I'd be willing to pay a bit higher to get a garage space and keep my car/bike safe.
There's nowhere else to park at, unless you park across in the parking of Harris Teeter where you'll most likely get towed when you park overnight.

Oh and if Internet speed is something your work depends on, DO NOT rent there. The ISP is a company called SoFast which totally sucks and they have an exclusive contract with the community which Bryson is trying to get out of, but are stuck.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 8,344 times
I was also looking into Bryson at Woodland Park but my main concern is rodents/bugs. I know it is newer and it shouldn't be a problem but I was wondering if any tenants had problems with bugs. Thanks!

Old 10-26-2008, 08:10 AM

22 posts, read 80,333 times
Samara11 is right about the internet service. I"ve heard that complaint, too.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:39 AM

241 posts, read 946,929 times
We didn't have any rodent/bugs problems at all, but we had an advantage... we were on the 4th Floor. I did hear the ppl on the first floor complaining about seasonal bugs getting into their apartments, some kinds of worms I think. But I never saw any cockroaches, rats, etc. in the common grounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichole7 View Post
I was also looking into Bryson at Woodland Park but my main concern is rodents/bugs. I know it is newer and it shouldn't be a problem but I was wondering if any tenants had problems with bugs. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>