Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 6,534 times

Advertisements

Annandale Floor Refinishing did a beautiful job on my 14 year old hardwoods. Professional and outstanding quality of work. Would highly recommend![
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 09:26 AM

4,474 posts, read 8,173,373 times
Finally had a chance to try the cheesesteak at Sports. It's a good cheesesteak. It's no Pat's, but it's a good substitute. I'd skip the sweet peppers though, it makes the bread too soggy. Again she was super nice so I don't know what was up with that one review.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:51 PM

6 posts, read 24,975 times
E-Citi restaurant, in Tysons. My friends and I eat dinner there almost every week. Very good food; reasonably priced. I highly recommend it.

Nutley Chevron: I trust the folks there to do competent repairs without ripping me off. It's at Lee Highway and Nutley.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:19 PM

413 posts, read 1,167,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
Finally had a chance to try the cheesesteak at Sports. It's a good cheesesteak. It's no Pat's, but it's a good substitute. I'd skip the sweet peppers though, it makes the bread too soggy. Again she was super nice so I don't know what was up with that one review.
Pat's? Location?

Old 09-26-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis16 View Post
Pat's? Location?
Sorry Pat's is in Philly

http://www.patskingofsteaks.com/

Old 10-01-2009, 10:46 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,669,147 times
Thai Shirlington was always one of my favorite Thai places. I really liked their Pad Thai and the Tom Ka Gai soup.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:35 AM

413 posts, read 1,167,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneasterisk View Post
Sorry Pat's is in Philly

http://www.patskingofsteaks.com/
What relevance does Pat's have with the NOVA thread? Thanks for teasing me by writing that.

I'm always down for a good cheesesteak!

Old 11-13-2009, 06:35 PM

15,175 posts, read 27,916,094 times
I had posted a long time ago looking for somewhere to get a reasonable haircut. I finally couldn't stand it yesterday and went to the Hair Cuttery in Kingstowne, the gal did an excellent job (I had tons of compliments today), it was clean, all the stylists actually speak English! I recommend them.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis16 View Post
I'm always down for a good cheesesteak!
I tried Philly Tavern last week and it was pretty good. You can even get Whiz on it if you so choose. Hot peppers are optional, and they bring out a tray of four different types that you can add to it yourself. It's in old town manassas.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:45 PM

18 posts, read 48,027 times
Wink NoVa has top knotch businesses everywhere but check

Angie's list for results. I live in Fairfax City (very different from the county), small town 25K, racially mixed and diverse in politics. Top restaurants, Indian Bar & grlle on Main st., Carlos O'Kelly for good tex-mex, it runs the gamit. Near George Mason University so always lots to do for sports and arts, New downtown area and growing still so much street construction all the time and all main roads are bumper to bumper in both directions between 4-7 PM. Prices of homes in the $200K+ rate, lots of brick ramblers frorm the 1960's and new McMansions too. Great hospitals, not much in the arts galery vein. 20 minute drive to downtown DC, 45 minutes to the mountains where you can ski, close to the coast and easy trains to Philly, Dover and NYC anytime. Great parks and bike paths. friendly but aloof town mixed with a few good ol boys but lots of college students. If you have a pet and need a sitter or walker, lots of good companies to choose from. Personally I'd rather live in DC city but do love the trees, birds and nature, very pretty area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia