Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 04:50 PM

48 posts, read 187,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromVAtoNC View Post
I just wanted to note how much I love this sticky and use it quite a bit. Someone recently suggested "de-sticking" this thread because there aren't a lot of new posts. What they don't realize is this thread is used all the time as a reference tool. I often look for suggestions in here, even if there aren't any new posts.
Ditto. I would have noted that in the thread you're referencing but it was locked.

I find this to be an extremely useful thread and a good reference for old and new NOVA residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 12:01 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,916,596 times
Fries Garage in Manassas.....they never fail to impress me.....honest and fair. I was just in there last week and I was amazed at the distance people drove to bring their cars to them. It's a family business and the ONLY service center where I felt I wasn't being taken advantage of.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:30 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,379,406 times
Tried another really great restaurant in Arlington -- Astor -- at the corner of Pershing --just before route 50 (on the north side of route 50). Wow -- it was excellent. It is Mediterranean food -- kabobs and chicken and yummy vegetarian dishes -- little outdoor seating area -- very clean and reasonable and you can tell that it is becoming very popular in the neighborhood.

Also I can personally recommend Crystal Thai in the Arlington Forest Shopping Center -- very pretty and very good. There is a pizza place in that shopping center that also has great pizza.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:48 PM

573 posts, read 2,505,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Bradley View Post
For vegans in the Rte. 1 corridor desiring Chinese delivery - Bamboo Garden on 6331 S Kings Hwy # B (Alexandria mailing address but in Ffx. Co.)

They have the best vegan, high-quality, low-fat versions of Chinese-American comfort dishes (sweet and sour chicken, sesame chicken, etc.) for dirt-cheap prices. The veggies are always incredibly crispy and fresh, too. Finally, it's like a two- or three-person show (Su Mi [the one who almost always answers the phone] and her children?) and they are always SO NICE and deliver very quickly. What more could you ask for?
Good to know. I live in the area and the one Chinese place I tried wasn't very good

Old 08-09-2009, 08:14 AM

15 posts, read 45,626 times
Patriots.. little hole-in-the-wall bar in Fairfax off 29 and 123 (by the Hooters). $5 pitchers of beer from 8 - 9 every day... and karaoke weds - sat at 9:30.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:31 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Tortilla Factory (also off Elden) - Mexican food (and the BEST IMO house-made salsa and chips, which you can also buy) - I wish it was closer to me, I eat that salsa and chips for breakfast.

I don't know if there are any mom-and-pop drug stores left around here. I like my dentist but he's in Alexandria. I lived in Reston many yrs. ago and used to go to some fun places in Herndon, alas, many/most are gone
The one in Lake Anne is an independent drug store. We often go to the Rexall's Drug Store in Vienna at the corner of Maple St & Lawyer's Rd. They carry a lot more medical products than the chain stores in Herndon/Reston.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:04 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,724,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The one in Lake Anne is an independent drug store. We often go to the Rexall's Drug Store in Vienna at the corner of Maple St & Lawyer's Rd. They carry a lot more medical products than the chain stores in Herndon/Reston.
Preston's Pharmacy on Lee Highway in Arlington is a great pharmacy, too. They are one of the few pharmacies around that do compounding.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:19 PM

50 posts, read 202,636 times
Fairfax - Auto Repair

City Auto Repair
Owner/Operator Ralph Clegg
3811 Pickett Rd
Fairfax, VA 22031
703-978-2053

My Dad has been going here for 20 years, and it is the only place I take my vehicles for repair and inspection. IMO one of the most important things you should look for in an auto repair shop is honest, no BS people that can help you. On several occasions we have brought in vehicles and asked for example, please align all wheels, only to have Ralph say, hey the back wheels are fine, we just did the front. I feel like there are a lot of shops that would have just gone ahead and done the work and charged for it. The workmanship is quality, the turn around time is fast, and as I said, Ralph is a straight shooter. Another plus is it is on a CUE bus route, so you can drop off your car before work, then take the CUE bus to Vienna metro station.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:13 PM

413 posts, read 1,164,951 times
Sports off of 123 south
They make great cheesesteaks!

Old 08-28-2009, 07:59 AM

4,437 posts, read 8,128,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis16 View Post
Sports off of 123 south
They make great cheesesteaks!
Neva mind, found it: http://www.yelp.com/biz/sports-chees...p-woodbridge-2

I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia