Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 10:55 PM

22 posts, read 46,354 times

Advertisements

My husband and I moved here with our three kids from Miami to live in a more diverse community, more mosques, halal places etcetera and we really like it here, the only problem is that we have not been able to find employment.

My husband’s background is 6+ years in small business management in the construction field (which is down right now due to the economy) he has been a supervisor in remodeling companies that do carpet installation, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, you get the idea. He speaks English, Arabic and Spanish fluently. Basically he is looking for something close by where he can make 37k+.

I on the other hand need a job from home. I have 5+ years in office management and also have experience in advertising and marketing. If there is a company that can afford to hire a dependable administrative assistant for example or needs any other kind of executive assignments that I can do from home please let me know.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Extremely desperate Mom,
Lina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 08:39 AM

241 posts, read 987,426 times
Please join the Adam's Center email list
ADAMS CENTER :: ADAMS Email List (http://www.adamscenter.org/Join/EmailListSubscription/Default.aspx - broken link)
That's a very strong network, I've seen some job advertisements on the email list too. If you send an email to the list, someone may be able to help out. Good Luck.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,848 times
Hi i have been in Dubai for long time from 1977 till 2009 i became Muslim on 2003 and i got maried on 2004 but i lost my Job but now i have a job but i have some problem i have a small son and i want to put him to school but the thing is i dont want to take him to India because my all family is angry with me and his mother is beedon so please help me if there is any thing that can help me i will be very thankfull please direct message me bye

Last edited by FindingZen; 03-02-2009 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: posting one's e-mail address in a public forum is not recommended

Old 03-02-2009, 12:14 PM

161 posts, read 414,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richi2009 View Post
Hi i have been in Dubai for long time from 1977 till 2009 i became Muslim on 2003 and i got maried on 2004 but i lost my Job but now i have a job but i have some problem i have a small son and i want to put him to school but the thing is i dont want to take him to India because my all family is angry with me and his mother is beedon so please help me if there is any thing that can help me i will be very thankfull please direct message me bye
Can you be a bit more specific? what kind of help are you looking for?

Last edited by FindingZen; 03-02-2009 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: edited quote per previous post

Old 03-02-2009, 01:41 PM

993 posts, read 2,490,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMuslimah View Post
He speaks English, Arabic and Spanish fluently.
If he knows Arabic, that would be a great asset to the service. Is he interested in joining the military?

Old 03-02-2009, 02:35 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,984,771 times
or a govt. service job as a translator.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:09 AM

982 posts, read 3,486,651 times
Has your husband signed up with any temp agencies? Back when I was in the job market, that was always a quick way for me to get my foot in the door of places that would otherwise be very difficult.

Believe it or not, there are lots of real estate agents looking for your type of experience. If you learn the "contract to close" piece of real estate transaction, you could be a virtual assistant working for several agents (here or across the country).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMuslimah View Post
My husband and I moved here with our three kids from Miami to live in a more diverse community, more mosques, halal places etcetera and we really like it here, the only problem is that we have not been able to find employment.

My husband’s background is 6+ years in small business management in the construction field (which is down right now due to the economy) he has been a supervisor in remodeling companies that do carpet installation, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, you get the idea. He speaks English, Arabic and Spanish fluently. Basically he is looking for something close by where he can make 37k+.

I on the other hand need a job from home. I have 5+ years in office management and also have experience in advertising and marketing. If there is a company that can afford to hire a dependable administrative assistant for example or needs any other kind of executive assignments that I can do from home please let me know.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Extremely desperate Mom,
Lina

Old 04-27-2010, 07:19 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,164,684 times
Tish, the (advertising?) post before yours resurrected an older thread. Hopefully the OP has found an opportunity for her and her family since then.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:03 PM

982 posts, read 3,486,651 times
LOL Usually I look out for the date, but completely missed this one. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
Tish, the (advertising?) post before yours resurrected an older thread. Hopefully the OP has found an opportunity for her and her family since then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia