Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:56 AM

8 posts, read 27,519 times

Advertisements

St Veronica Catholic school is wonderful, we have been going there for 4 yrs and we have had a fantastic experience. The school is in their 5th year and the enrollment is still under 400, which makes for a loving Christ filled environment. The school is on Centreville Rd in Chantilly,approx 15 mins from Centreville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 06:36 PM

4 posts, read 8,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRE332 View Post
why not send your kids to public school?
This is always a good question. I think it is because I really want a faith based education for the kids, I am originaly from Ireland and I suppose that it is more comfortable for me raising my children with the same moral beliefs,.
I am pretty sure alot of the public schools have a much lower teacher student ratio and have all sorts of ribbons, but at the end of the day, in my life, faith is first and academics second.I hope this wasn't too much info ...., thanks for the response, it's good to know people can communicate so easily here, ttfn Neve

Old 01-24-2009, 06:38 PM

4 posts, read 8,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homless View Post
St Veronica Catholic school is wonderful, we have been going there for 4 yrs and we have had a fantastic experience. The school is in their 5th year and the enrollment is still under 400, which makes for a loving Christ filled environment. The school is on Centreville Rd in Chantilly,approx 15 mins from Centreville.
Thanks for the reply, I am starting to look at houses in great falls, there doesn't seem to be alot of schools there, do you have any knowledge of that area? N.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:33 AM

2,462 posts, read 8,925,976 times
St. Catherine's in Great Falls does not have a regular parish school, though it does offer the Sienna Academy for preschoolers, with a Montessori program for ages 7-9. There are plans to expand the Montessori program through age 12. I know some families who drive a great distance to send their kids there, and they rave about it, but obviously it might not work for your family. If you live in Great Falls and want a K-8 parish grade school, you'll have to look at St. John's or St. Luke's in McLean. There is also Oakcrest, an independent Catholic girls' school for grades 6-12 in McLean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia