Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 12:51 PM

230 posts, read 1,035,002 times

Advertisements

Hi, Just wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere for our 11 year old daughter to take tennis lessons near Oakton/Vienna? Our daughter had taken lessons for 8 months in Australia prior to our relocation here. Doesn't need to be anything over the top, just a friendly tennis club or coach.

Thanks very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 10:52 AM

2,090 posts, read 4,244,507 times
Reston has a very active tennis program. I think people from outside Reston can participate.

https://reston.org/ParksRecreationEv...FFHk6dFQ%3d%3d

Old 03-01-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromReston View Post
Reston has a very active tennis program. I think people from outside Reston can participate.

https://reston.org/ParksRecreationEv...FFHk6dFQ%3d%3d

Thanks JfromReston, will take a look at their program.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:27 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,882,711 times
Reston has a tennis association but they play at different venues not sure if they have a junior development program.

My daughter is a jr USTA player and she trained in Ashburn, theyhave a great jr devlopment program. I know that's far but if you contact them they might be able to give you a facility in FAirfax that runs a simulair program.

But also check out the USTA webpage and look for the junior tournaments. If a country club etc... near you is hosting one chances are they have a junior program. (most will offer a jr tennis only membership for a minimal fee)

Crystal Gateway Sport & Health in Arlington Sport & Health: Tennis for Kids & Juniors

Fairfax racquet club Fairfax Racquet Club

Also UVA runs a great summer camp.

Good luck

Old 03-03-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
Reston has a tennis association but they play at different venues not sure if they have a junior development program.

My daughter is a jr USTA player and she trained in Ashburn, theyhave a great jr devlopment program. I know that's far but if you contact them they might be able to give you a facility in FAirfax that runs a simulair program.

But also check out the USTA webpage and look for the junior tournaments. If a country club etc... near you is hosting one chances are they have a junior program. (most will offer a jr tennis only membership for a minimal fee)

Crystal Gateway Sport & Health in Arlington Sport & Health: Tennis for Kids & Juniors

Fairfax racquet club Fairfax Racquet Club

Also UVA runs a great summer camp.

Good luck
Thanks for the info, will check them all out!

Old 03-03-2009, 03:28 PM

107 posts, read 334,941 times
Let me know if you want private tutor or lessons.

I give lessons part time. I usually play at Cunningham park.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkey View Post
Let me know if you want private tutor or lessons.

I give lessons part time. I usually play at Cunningham park.
Thank-you for the offer, at this stage I'm really looking for group lessons so that it's a bit of a social outing to help my daughter meet new friends etc. as well as improving her skills.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:57 PM

107 posts, read 334,941 times
I think there is local group for tennis. I was giving lessons and they told me they belong to a tennis group. I think they were too far ahead but they said they enjoy playing with other kids.
I believe it was through Vienna Community center. Call them and check it out.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkey View Post
I think there is local group for tennis. I was giving lessons and they told me they belong to a tennis group. I think they were too far ahead but they said they enjoy playing with other kids.
I believe it was through Vienna Community center. Call them and check it out.

Thanks so much, will give them a call!

Old 06-03-2009, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 7,056 times
Where did your daughter train in Ashburn? My family is relocating in August and looking for a tennis club with junior lessons. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia